Forums Latest Members

FS Omega electroquartz, NOS, boxed with papers, first ever swiss quartz watch

1. Tom Dick and Harry Apr 18, 2015

Morning all

It is with a heavy heart I have decided to part with one of my NOS Omega Electroquartz’s. This example has been in my collection for three years now but has gone unworn really.

IMG_7381.JPG

The watch is completely NOS, there are a couple of light marks from where someone has removed the BCT over the years (very light) and a couple of tiny storage marks on the polished part of the bezel but other than that it is 100% NOS.

IMG_7383.JPG

It came from a collector in Germany, it comes with the original German instructions, the original box with the original electronic hang tag and even the original large glossy sales brochure in German, there genuinely isn’t a more complete package out there simple as that.

IMG_7387.JPG

The Omega Electroquartz was the first Swiss made quartz watch, it was the culmination of years of research and development by nearly 20 Swiss manufacturers and production models were made by Patek, Omega, Rolex, IWC amongst numerous others.

IMG_7389.JPG

Here is a really useful link which will give you all the information you will need on these very very special watches (written by someone I know, me)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega_Electroquartz

The watch as you can see is perfect and running exactly as it should and keeping accurate time well within the factory specifications of 5 seconds per month.

The watch is on it’s full size original bracelet, which is also in NOS condition and genuinely is the best electroquartz outside of the museum and one of the most significant Omegas ever produced.

IMG_7391.JPG

I am looking for a very reasonable £1400 shipped, payment via BT or paypal as a gift and postage is via RMSD or International signed for.

IMG_7393.JPG

Cheers Tom

icpo4126, pitpro, watchme and 6 others like this.
  2. ConElPueblo Apr 19, 2015

...Has the battery really been in that watch for 45 years?

3. Tom Dick and Harry Apr 19, 2015

Hi

Nope the battery was originally a mercury cell, the previous owner said the original mercury cell was still in it when he bought it but thankfully hasn't leaked. It is now fitted with a nice safe Energizer ;-)

Probably worth noting that the serial number dates the watch to late 1969/ early 1970 so it is on of the first electroquartz's produced.