Forums Latest Members

WITHDRAWN Omega Electroquartz F8192 Desk Clock

1. MoclovFlop Do the Electric Boogaloo. Aug 9, 2021

Edit: Withdrawn as it sold on ebay.

Thanks folks.

Selling my uncommon Omega Electroquartz Desk Clock. I'm clearing out projects and have decided this is one that should go.

These are a bit rare and don't show up too often. A few of our members have one, and now is your chance to join the fold!

This arrived to me as non-working. I cleaned and de-oxidized the battery contacts and it's now "functional"

"Functional" is in quotes because it does run, but it doesn't keep time/step motor needs to be dealt with. The second hand will get stuck at random spots and just stay there and tick. I've tried adjusting backlash on the motor and cleaning all the pathways incase it was a voltage drain kind of thing, and was able to get it to run solidly for over a week, but it still went back to the issue. So I have lost the desire to keep chasing. (Previous thread: https://omegaforums.net/threads/new-addition-omega-electroquartz-desk-clock.125828/)

So this will need someone who is familiar with old step motors or old quartz clocks to bring it to its former glory. Maybe just an amateur electrical engineer will do the trick

Besides the motor, the case isn't in the best condition. There are cracks on the bottom, glued pieces, and the tabs that hold the bezel/clock to the back case are missing. BUT because of it's design, it still sits well on the desk since all the weight holds it bezel to the back. But you might want to add some velcro or something for a more secure fit it will be handled often.

Glass is clean, date sets easily. Looks fantastic just sitting there even if it doesn't run right.

PRICE: I'm looking for $650USD plus shipping just because it's such a cool uncommon piece.

This weighs a lot (nearly 2lbs) and it's fragile. So shipping preference will need to be discussed.

I have references here, and 100% seller rating on ebay after nearly 20 years.

Photos (Please note the hairline crack visible on the bottom left of the bezel face, other cracks are hidden when resting) :

1147922-d86f8708c0084a7a8c26e4903295a1fa.png
    1147924-0b44d2fe4916283b6cd4835e5b2f23a8.png
    1147925-df7b9bd30717805d166a05a2537159e3.png
    Unknown-6.jpeg
    Unknown-8.jpeg
    Unknown-7.jpeg
    Unknown-9.jpeg
    Unknown-10.jpeg
    Unknown-2.jpeg
    Unknown-4.jpeg
    Unknown-3.jpeg
    Unknown-11.jpeg

Edited Sep 3, 2021
    ilayd, studeb, Bill Sohne and 3 others like this.