Forums Latest Members
  1. loniscup Apr 14, 2019

Hello everyone!!
    I have a very good friend, we grew up together actually, and asked for my help identifying an Omega and a Tissot(in another thread I'll ask about it :)) he inherited from his father, but after I went and saw it I couldn't answer him cause I haven't seen this one again (I might have but I'm not into gold watches in general :rolleyes:). It was a gift for his fathers wedding in 1962 from his father in law, wore it a couple of times and in a vault ever since!! The condition is shockingly stunning and because of that I didn't tried to open the case back not to damage it so no idea of the movement. It winds like a new watch though despite its age!!! The only thing my friend did was to change the leather as its original brown one was very hard.Have you ever seen this dial again? Any idea what it might be? No De Ville, Geneve, Seamaster etc on the dial just Omega and Swiss made under 6 and nothing on the case back too.
    Thank you in advance guys!!!

IMG_1945.JPG IMG_1950.JPG IMG_1951.JPG IMG_1954.JPG
  2. loniscup Apr 17, 2019

Anyone?

3. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Apr 17, 2019

All information is inside the case back which you don't want to open. No idea about the movement , either.

loniscup likes this.
  4. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Apr 17, 2019

5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 17, 2019

Tapestry dial. Is the caseback steel?

loniscup likes this.
  6. JwRosenthal Apr 17, 2019

I thought it was tuxedo dial. These watches tend to be small by modern standards but are some of the slimmest I have ever put on (slips perfectly under a french cuff) and feel like you have nothing on. I believe they used the 6XX series movements like used in the 2 handed lady's omega's but like said before, won't know without opening the back. These dress Omega's aren't very popular right now, and only have any real financial value if they are solid gold. Regardeless, that looks like a stunning example and if I were going to a formal event, I wouldn't hesitate putting that thing on.

loniscup likes this.
  7. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 17, 2019

If it hasn't been serviced recently, continuing to wear it will cause wear and possible damage. It's in fantastic condition and deserves to be looked after.

Get the watchmaker to provide photo's of the innards and you can then identify it.

felsby and loniscup like this.
  8. loniscup Apr 20, 2019

No it's gold too

IMG_1946.JPG
    Foo2rama likes this.
  9. loniscup Apr 20, 2019

Thank you guys for the replies!!!
    I will try to convince him to take the watch to a watchmaker and take some photos too. Yes my feeling is it has a 6xx movement as @JwRosenthal said
    I really appreciate the help ::love::

10. JwRosenthal Apr 20, 2019

Servicing isn’t very expensive ($125-200) and parts are abundant for those movements. The key is finding a watchmaker (not a jeweler) who knows vintage watches. If you post where your friend is I’m sure someone here can recommend a watchmaker nearby, or there are many to whom you can send it via insured post.

loniscup likes this.
  11. dputydwg1 Apr 20, 2019

Looks in super condition. What is the case diameter?

12. loniscup Apr 20, 2019

Felt like 36-37mm but didn't measure it unfortunately