Omega Disco Volante Flying Saucer: Black vs Copper Dial

Posts
3,646
Likes
7,750
.
.
Hi all,


lets take a journey with a pair of flying saucers ( "disco volante" as Italians call them)...

Both have incredibly clean dials but it is so hard to decide.

Which one would you choose - copper or black?

Let me know your thoughts please.

 
Posts
781
Likes
1,340
It would be copper for me as the light plays with it much more on the wrist. Both stunning, however.
 
Posts
105
Likes
77
Both are very nice, but black dial speaks more to me. Those syringe hands are stunning,
 
Posts
6,765
Likes
10,421
As above, both are very lovely but my vote also goes to the black dialled version, which is stunning.
 
Posts
2,335
Likes
1,457
Black. Copper numbers stand out nicely against the background
 
Posts
3,680
Likes
8,484
Both Amazing! I think that particular strap is doing the black dial more favors than the copper. A different strap would make the copper look even better IMO.
 
Posts
18,736
Likes
38,885
The black dial for me, so much easier to see the time at a glance, although you'd probably be tempted to stare at it for a while.

Those syringe hands are stunning,
The hands are indeed exceptional, but are referred to as "Plume" style by Omega. Syringe hands are similar but have straight parallel sides.

Example here:

 
Posts
788
Likes
2,316
Well hello to the 70s! Both are gorgeous specimens! The black dial pops and the hands really set off the dial. The copper one needs a different strap to play off the numbers/hands more, maybe a dark navy and it would look great.
 
Posts
1,016
Likes
4,101
Between these two watches, I personally prefer the black dial, as it is very well preserved.

However… the brown dial one is always welcome to fly over to me anytime. 😄
 
Posts
781
Likes
1,340
Looks like I am the copper sheep.....😂. Perhaps it's because I have so many black dialled watches and only one copper dialled one??
 
Posts
3,646
Likes
7,750
Looks like I am the copper sheep... Perhaps it's because I have so many black dialled watches and only one copper dialled one
You are correct, copper colored dials are far more uncommon and rarely as well preserved as the specimen presented - they tend to age badly...
 
Posts
6,830
Likes
10,653
Fantastic set
 
Posts
244
Likes
996
I'd happily wear either - the black is especially appealing - but the copper is quite unique which to me, makes it more interesting. either way...can't go wrong imo.
 
Posts
6,676
Likes
11,620
Very nice Erich! Are these from the oil can watch find?