Forums Latest Members
  1. michael e Still learning. Jun 8, 2015

I have been looking at this all day and thought one of you guys will know straight away.
    So please put me out of my misery.
    Is the flying saucer dial a old refinished dial or is it original? I cannot see any notches on the sides, the lacquer has turned yellow and the black numbers are cracked with age on close inspection, the dial has very light spots in places too. My head says old refinished dial.
    I would like it to be original although it is not the end of the world as I wear watches I like if the dials are refinished or not, I love my 30T2 with refinished dial because like the flying saucer the case is unusual.
    My 39 chro has the same numbers even down to the tiny tail on the number 4.
    Thanks Michael
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edited Jun 8, 2015
    rogart and Giff2577 like this.
  2. AAAKK First listing in the ΩF B2B phone book Jun 8, 2015

Looks like an old redial to me. Inconsistencies in the numeral "1". Not an expert though. Still a cool watch.

michael e likes this.
  3. cristos71 Jun 8, 2015

That´s what I was thinking too

4. michael e Still learning. Jun 8, 2015

Thanks fellas, I can see what you mean, I can think about something else now :thumbsup:

5. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Jun 9, 2015

Hi,
    I would also bet for a redone dial. The logo is probably the most difficult part of a dial but I find it very well done, much sharper than the numerals...

6. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jun 9, 2015

I too vote redial mainly because the subseconds dial printing looks slightly wonky to me.

7. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Jun 10, 2015

redial for me as well. numerals in the small second department and the 5 minute marker too inconsistent. would not deter me at all..... kind regards. achim

8. michael e Still learning. Jun 10, 2015

Thanks again guys :thumbsup: