Omega dirty dozen T Swiss T

I bought this rather sad looking WWW with furry hands, I have seen this growth on a couple of old dirty dozen watches before and not sure what causes it.
When I uncased the watch I noticed the beautiful factory dial and the T Swiss T meaning it is from after 1962.
I have never seen another only fake dials but this is an original Omega dial.
Anyone else ever seen such a thing?
Obviously I have relumed the hands now.
Thanks
Edited:

Obviously a different reference and the old logo but very similar to these uncommon T Swiss Made T dials seen on SM30’s and SM600’s.

Does the movement serial indicate the whole watch is contemporary to post ‘62 or is it a service dial?

BD7D7F29-25C5-4AA1-9264-C06EE6B53CB4.jpeg 73A96A74-B24C-463F-978C-D87B9505D37B.jpeg

Yes, everything else is what I would expect to find on a dirty dozen, case, case back 30t2 movement in the 10 million range.
Cheers, Michael

I bought this rather sad looking WWW with furry hands, I have seen this growth on a couple of old dirty dozen watches before and not sure what causes it.
When I uncased the watch I noticed the beautiful factory dial and the T Swiss T meaning it is from after 1962.
I have never seen another only fake dials but this is an original Omega dial.
Anyone else ever seen such a thing?
Obviously I have relumed the hands now.
Thanks

Michael, did you take a picture from the back of the Dial? Would love to see that in different lights .

Obviously a different reference and the old logo but very similar to these uncommon T Swiss Made T dials seen on SM30’s and SM600’s.

Does the movement serial indicate the whole watch is contemporary to post ‘62 or is it a service dial?

BD7D7F29-25C5-4AA1-9264-C06EE6B53CB4.jpeg 73A96A74-B24C-463F-978C-D87B9505D37B.jpeg
The dial is lovely on this.

Michael, did you take a picture from the back of the Dial? Would love to see that in different lights .

Im going to service the movement through the week but will whip the dial off today 👍

Looks very nice, have you by chance run this by the folks on MWR to get their thoughts?

Looks very nice, have you by chance run this by the folks on MWR to get their thoughts?
Not yet, I wish it was as easy to get photos on there like it is here.
Will try it now, see how it goes

Don`t need MWR for these . Dial is 100% Original. The notch at 12 was for the adding of the 2 x T`s right and left of the Swiss Made.
BTW: very nice hand relume job , michael ! And I have absolutely No Idea , what caused the Fungus to grow on the whatever Lume material , that replaced the Radium....

Don`t need MWR for these . Dial is 100% Original. The notch at 12 was for the adding of the 2 x T`s right and left of the Swiss Made.
BTW: very nice hand relume job , michael ! And I have absolutely No Idea , what caused the Fungus to grow on the whatever Lume material , that replaced the Radium....

Thanks for your help Achim.
One more thing I have never seen and one more thing I have learnt/learned?
Cheers.
Edited:

Way out of my wheelhouse, but love learning about these things none the less, never a dull day at OF.

Thanks for sharing.

Dear members,

Can someone tell me what is MWR? Please accept my apology to ask this question but Iam curious and want to learn.

Best regards

Marc antoine martin

Dear members,

Can someone tell me what is MWR? Please accept my apology to ask this question but Iam curious and want to learn.

Best regards

Marc antoine martin

Just another Internet forum , mostly for Military watches ...

As for the OP's question on the 'furry' -- I believe this is 'metal whiskering.'
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whisker_(metallurgy)
Silver, tin, etc. can grow this way, though usually in presence of an electric field.

and Zinc as far as I understand? Zinc Sulfid is the main ingredient of lume colors. Makes totally sense, thanks for sharing!