Forums Latest Members
  1. Erica Jul 31, 2017

Hi, I would like to know if the omega that I attached is good or is false. The girl who sells it says that it is the year 1968, and that it does not have the ID number, because the inner mechanism was changed, but that the strap is gold and the original dial. The internal mechanism I do not care, what I like is the strap and the sphere
    It weighs 42 grams. What would be a good price for this watch? He also sent me a video, I do not know how to send it here. He tells me that in a site of gold they give him 1000 euros to melt it.

Help meeee!!!

IMG_2072.PNG IMG_2075.PNG IMG_2076.PNG
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 31, 2017

Why should we?

We are not a free internet valuation service.

This is a forum of watch collectors and people who like watches and they contribute on a regular basis to the structure and content of the forum.

This place is not for those who come to find out details about some watch they inherited/bought/want to buy, and as soon as they have the information, they leave, never to be seen again.

Answering these sorts of queries can take one of our members time and effort, often using information and documentation gathered over many years and not generally available to the general public.

If you need further information on your watch, read these guidelines and we will be happy to help when all of the criteria have been met.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/vintage-omega-posting-guide.383/

Warm Regards

Jim

AveConscientia likes this.
  3. Erica Jul 31, 2017

First, I feel my English. I do not speak well and I am using a translator to communicate with you.

Hello, I feel the discomfort. It was not my intention. I imagine you do a very great job with this forum.
    You are free to help me or not.

Yes, I had read the guide, but I do not know what else I can contribute. This is the information I have, I hope to resolve your questions

1: Post Quality Pictures
    The images I sent you are the only ones I have. I also have a video, if you need to see it.

2: What Can You Tell Us?
    The data I have, is that I am told that it is from 1986, that the mechanism has been changed, but that the sphere and the belt are original.
    The watch is from a saleswoman, who says that the watch was from her great-grandmother.
    3.- How Can We Help You?
    What I look for is to identify the model to see its characteristics, model number, and advice if in its humble opinion it is real or fake
    4: Is It Owned Or Being Considered?
    I am not owner, I am thinking of buying it, but I would like to know if that model existed, if it is really or are trying to deceive me, since it tells me that it does not have the identification number, since the mechanism is not original

4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 31, 2017

Omega made many many watches for ladies like this one.

If there a questions or doubts about the watch (mechanism changed?) then I would not think of buying but keep looking for something else.

You could also try to converse in your language as well as translate. We have members her from many countries who are experts in their language.

But maybe not from Iceland yet.

5. Erica Jul 31, 2017

Hello, I do not care that the internal mechanism has been changed. All I care about is that the belt and the dial are original. That's why I would like to know if you think it's an omega for real or that they're cheating on me

6. Erica Jul 31, 2017

If it's a fake, I'd like to find that same model to buy it

7. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jul 31, 2017

You need to get photos of the movement and inside the case back. Otherwise, there's not a lot to tell you that you don't already know.

Tik-Tok of Oz likes this.
  8. Henri68 Jul 31, 2017

Women's watches are usually not very sought after. Maybe this one as a gold watch may have some value but probably lower than its value in gold...

You have to know if it doesn't have the original movement inside, it reduces the value...
    Also, if you want to buy it only to make some profit or whatever, without knowing your stuff, it is probably a bad idea.

efauser likes this.
  9. Maganator Jul 31, 2017

If the seller is saying they can get the gold scrap value for 1000euros then I assume they are looking for at least that from you.

In my opinion the watch isn't worth a quarter of that value. Maybe even less if the mechanism isn't original.

10. Erica Jul 31, 2017

First of all thank you all very much for your quick answers.
    I would really appreciate if you guys could tell me the exact model of this watch. As you can see I know nothing about watches and omegas and I need a little light here.
    I don,t have interest in making a deal or anything similar. My problem is that I, m totally in love with the design (that,s what I said I don,t mind if the mechanism is not the original though I perfectly understand that this reduces the price a lot)
    I see you all more or less agree that this concrete watch is not worth it but...can anybody tell me the model or where to find it? I,m really interested.
    Thanks again!

11. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jul 31, 2017

Read my post. If you don't provide that info, we can't help you.

12. kreyke Jul 31, 2017

Just google image the things on the dial. Go through the images until you find something similar.

13. Erica Aug 1, 2017

thank you very much for your quick answer.

14. Erica Aug 1, 2017

thank you very much for your quick answer.

15. AveConscientia Aug 1, 2017

Can you get movement and case back photos?

16. Fialetti Aug 1, 2017

If you are looking to buy it for the value of the gold, then you need to know to ask to see the hallmarks that tell you the purity (hence, value) of the gold. You also need to know the weight of the strap and case, without the crystal and the mechanism.

17. Erica Aug 1, 2017

I have a video, how can I send it to you?
    Thanks

18. Erica Aug 1, 2017

So, would it be possible that if the purity of gold is of great value, it could cost 1000 euros? Or as good as it may be, it's totally impossible? I understand that it is logical to be heavy without the glass and mechanism. Thank you very much really

19. Fialetti Aug 2, 2017

IF the watch contains 42g of 18k gold, then its notional melt value is 1000 euros (http://www.goldcalc.com/scrap_gold_value.php). In practice you could never get that much, since whoever you take it to for scrapping will need to cover costs and make a profit.

Unless you really like the watch and want to wear it, I would advise against pursuing this further. This watch is not in demand as a collectible, so its melt value sets the ceiling of its market value. The owner can sell it to a jeweller or scrapper for a percentage of its melt value anytime they want. Why would they sell to you for less?

20. chipsotoole Aug 2, 2017

If you love the design, don't care if it is fake or not, (since you'd buy a fake if you could find one). Why not buy it and stop asking us? We're just going over the same thing with the same pictures, you don't appear really interested in it more than as a functional timepiece and the intrinsic value of the gold. The issue you seem to have here now is what quality of the gold, how much it weighs, and the overall value....there must be a goldcollectorsforum.com !!
    Or go with the owner to a goldsmiths are have its scrap value appraised.