Forums Latest Members
  1. Carl Pawelczak Mar 25, 2024

Morning All, could anybody help me with this matter?
    My wife’s Omega watch needed a replacement battery so we took it along to a reputable local jeweller to do.
    Unfortunately he advised us that the part to adjust the time is now missing.
    The watch is working perfectly with the new battery but we can’t adjust it to the correct time.
    Would anybody know the part # we need to repair?
    I’ve been in contact with Omega Switzerland but they want me to send it to them at an eye watering cost.
    I think the part we’re looking for maybe called a “pusher “ Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.Carl.

IMG_1985.jpeg
    Edited Mar 25, 2024
  2. Gabguzro Mar 25, 2024

Hi Carl, maybe you can tell us where you are located so a forum member can recommend a watchmaker near you who can put the missing piece in place. I don't think this needs to go to the Omega mothership. If you know of a watchmaker (not a jeweler) in your area, try to get a quote from them.

3. Carl Pawelczak Mar 25, 2024

4. Carl Pawelczak Mar 25, 2024

Thanks very much for taking your time to help.
    I’m in North Lincolnshire.UK.
    I think I’ve managed to track down the necessary part needed but as you have suggested need to find a watchmaker to work his magic.Hopefully we’ll get a happy ending.
    Thanks.Carl.

5. SOG53 Mar 25, 2024

Is the crown missing? I would let the watchmaker source the part. Thats what they do.

6. Carl Pawelczak Mar 25, 2024

Thanks for your message.
    I have followed your advice but unfortunately the watchmaker is saying that because it was bought in the 80s that the crown/pusher is difficult to source and the watch may need a trip to Switzerland

7. SOG53 Mar 25, 2024

Maybe find another watchmaker with Omega parts account. No need to send to mothership too $$$$

8. Carl Pawelczak Mar 25, 2024

Thanks. I totally agree with your comment.

9. michael e Still learning. Mar 25, 2024

Do you know the reference of the watch? I have a few pushers in stock
    Thanks, Michael

10. michael e Still learning. Mar 25, 2024

Also if I am not wrong, the pushers for these watches just push into place and are held by a rubber gasket so not too difficult to fit?

11. Carl Pawelczak Mar 25, 2024

Hi Michael, thanks for your message.
    I think I’ve sourced one from Cousins UK. I’ll have to wait for it to arrive but I’m not sure if it will come with necessary o ring/split washer’s to hold it in place.
    Will keep you updated.
    The model in the photo showing the tag apparently is incorrect it should show 591948C and not 791948C as it shows on the tag.
    Thanks.Carl.

12. sheepdoll Mar 25, 2024

I have the equivalent Tissot.
    The electrical contacts on these can get real finicky. The electrical contacts tend to get pitted and corroded. I noticed mine the whole case tube is loose as well.
    Setting time is real hit and miss. Sometimes you get it close. then it starts spinning wildly as it thinks the button is still pressed. A short press should move the hands a few minutes. Long press and they move at hyperspeed. The plastic apple 'spludger' helps apart from the button getting stuck.

13. Carl Pawelczak Mar 27, 2024

Hi Michael,would you possibly have any pusher parts that may be available?
    Cousins UK let me down with the usual excuse “stock not available “Thanks.Carl.