Forums Latest Members
  1. lando Apr 11, 2014

Dear respected members,

Some Time ago I was showing my father some of my Omega watches. Then he said "I've got a one, too. It is a golden one, your mother gave me."

As I visited them some days later he showed me a red Omega Box and said "I will give it to you, as I do not have a use for it anymore."

_DSC1525.JPG

In the Box I found:
    _DSC1527.JPG

_DSC1528.JPG

_DSC1532.JPG

_DSC1529.JPG

_DSC1531.JPG

_DSC1537.JPG

_DSC1538.JPG

According to my father it is all original and never been to a watchmaker. It looks to be a front loader, so I cannot open it. I can see that the clasp is gold-plated only and that the Omega-Symbol is missing. Does "RG" stand for "Rose-Gold"?

The case is looking crisp, but shows lots of scratches.

Does anybody have an idea what Reference this could be? My Google picture search was not as successfull as hoped for.

Please excuse the picture quality (hand-held in bright sunlight (at least this light source does show any scratch there is :)

I found hallmarks on two of the lugs, but cannot tell what they are showing:

_DSC1536.JPG

Any idea?

Some things are for sure, at least:

- As long as I live this watch will stay within the family!
    - Because of this I am not interested in its value!
    - It will need a service to come back to life!

So, my last question: Does anybody know a good watchmaker in Switzerland (or maybe Germany)?

Thank you very much for reading the whole post :)

Edited Jan 3, 2018
  2. rolexfantastic Apr 11, 2014

I don't know the exact ref. but this should be an 18K solid gold De Ville cal. 625 produced in late 70's early 80's.

3. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Apr 11, 2014

The hallmark is for 14K (appears to be a Squirrel). RG typically means "Rolled Gold." Rolled Gold is not solid. Rather, a layer of base metal (brass) is sandwiched between two layers of gold. Rolled Gold typically has thinner layers of gold than Gold Filled.
    Hopefully someone else will be along with more info about the reference, and a recommendation for a watchmaker near you.

4. ulackfocus Apr 11, 2014

The buckle is plated ("plaque") but the case is solid gold. Nice heirloom! It is probably a 620 or 625 inside, so it would have to be from the mid-60's on. Judging by the shape of the Ω logo it's pre-1972.

5. Mathlar Apr 11, 2014

Similar unishell case style and age to my BA166.0033 automatic ('66-'72 collection). It's definitely a different case because of the superthin movement though.

6. lando Apr 12, 2014

Thank you very much for all your answers. The infos your giving me are much appreciated.

The watchmaker question is still there, but not to answer unless your from my region.

My swiss watchmaker is good on modern watches and always tells me, that the vintages are "alti guetzli" which translates "old cookies", a charming way to say outdated stuff...

I do have connections to the US, but sending watches and returning them (especially returning) is often a hassle and if they arrive safely at last, swiss customs will usually send me an invoice that is much too high, as they are charging for the declared WORTH of the watch instead of the declared SERVICE COST in the invoice. The FedEx guys have acted especially stubborn lately. I have no intention to use them anymore, ever.

So, any help concerning watchmaker would be great!

7. lando Nov 13, 2014

So, here it is back again. I know now, that it is a Ref. 111.067, with Cal. 620 in an 18K case.

It was serviced in the UK.

IMG_2921.JPG IMG_3150.JPG
    Unfortunately the completely stuck crown broke off and had to be replaced. According to the watchmaker, this is the official replacement by Omega. It has a totally different design, though.

I am really happy, how the watch looks and feels now. Some pics:
    _DSC2151.JPG _DSC2135.JPG _DSC2134.JPG _DSC2142.JPG

Noisy Nova, TNTwatch and rhetoric like this.
  8. rhetoric Nov 13, 2014

A classically simple dial, not having a seconds hand. Looks great :thumbsup:

9. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Nov 13, 2014

Beautiful dress watch! I bet your Dad is thinking twice if he sees it now ;)

And you will appreciate the larger diameter crown when you wind it.

10. lando Nov 13, 2014

Thank you both for your nice comments.

My Dad will see it on Christmas. I will then wear it for the first time (hey, it's a family watch). I think he will like what he sees :) And BTW, I am going to return the favor and give him a vintage Omega that he could wear daily :D

And yes, I already appreciate the larger crown when I wind it. Thanks to the TLC it got, winding is as smooth as I could imagine.