Omega De Ville Co Axial Help for purchase

because the market price for those is much higher

Well I'm not so sure that's reason to suspect the watch might be stolen. Plenty of watches are offered on this forum that are priced far below market, including some of yours, and no one seems suspicious.

Well I'm not so sure that's reason to suspect the watch might be stolen. Plenty of watches are offered on this forum that are priced far below market, including some of yours, and no one seems suspicious.

I think the deal looks legit but when you see a modern piece without warranty card at less than half the price of what it sells for on eBay, you start wondering why it's so cheap.

I think the deal looks legit but when you see a modern piece without warranty card at less than half the price of what it sells for on eBay, you start wondering why it's so cheap.

Maybe you, but for me my motto is "shoot first ask questions later. " There are a gazillion reasons why people sell watches on the cheap, and modern vs vintage makes zero difference.

Maybe you, but for me my motto is "shoot first ask questions later. " There are a gazillion reasons why people sell watches on the cheap, and modern vs vintage makes zero difference.

I suppose it depends how much money you're comfortable losing. Let's take a more dramatic example. If someone wants to sell you a naked Patek 5711 for 25k, you'd buy it without asking questions? I mean, even if the guy bought it new for $30k 10 years ago, you can't ignore the fact that the market now values it at $100k so you have to at least wonder why he's giving it away. If you buy it without asking questions and it turns out it's a stolen watch, you're looking at a $25k loss.

Yes I would pay the man. I would roll the dice. If you don't like the answer it's too bad for you. Your example is way far from the subject matter of this thread but I suppose I should be used to your pointless wind-ups by now.

Yes I would pay the man. I would roll the dice. If you don't like the answer it's too bad for you. Your example is way far from the subject matter of this thread but I suppose I should be used to your pointless wind-ups by now.

Well, in this particular case I am genuinely happy the OP is getting a good deal.

I understand @bananapeanut to have this thought to avoid rip-offs, in particular in a forum for other people. I think it is useful above all less experienced buyers.

I tried to take all the necessary precautions:

- seller have some good feedback
- I call he and talk with u for an hour 😁 he s an old man who need to sell his collection (also vintage) and seems honest at 100%.
- this ref (in Italy) don’t have an incredible request, there are another (white) at 1450€ in similar condition (not sold too)
- have not the omega card but have a bill from a good European AD with the name of the owner and the serial.
- the watch need a service and a new strap, and the owner was very clear, stressing all the flaws
- Money transaction transaction is garanteed:
I will have 3 days after the arrive to evaluate and think about the possible return, after having verified it also in omega boutique.

I’m an expert buyer but I m trying to improve the watch status check 😀

- I call he and talk with u for an hour

why? what were you talking about?

I am just trying to understand reasoning for such a lengthy process when one acquire watch for 1000€. It's not cheap per se, but come on, at this price my only question would be how do I pay.

why? what were you talking about?

I am just trying to understand reasoning for such a lengthy process when one acquire watch for 1000€. It's not cheap per se, but come on, at tis price my only question would be how do I pay.

I d like to know people who have my same passion, when there is the possibility.
He has other interesting watches to sell, so if it will be all ok, could be another purchase.
We also talk about Rome and Venice our cities 😁
The payment is similar to a CH24 transaction on a similar famous Italian site.
Fortunately today some people still like human contact 👍

He has other interesting watches to sell,

Have I mentioned that I'm Italian too? Bruno is a very cool name. I'll be your bestest friend. Can I get the old guy's cell number? I only want to talk about Venice and Rome. Promise. 😁

At this price I'd just hand over money. seriously - 1000€ for this Omega De Ville is a steal.

Have I mentioned that I'm Italian too? Bruno is a very cool name. I'll be your bestest friend. Can I get the old guy's cell number? I only want to talk about Venice and Rome. Promise. 😁

😁 When u want my friend 😀

Like new, it has become the most beautiful watch in my collection.

thanks to all for your feedbacks and helps

Like new, it has become the most beautiful watch in my collection.

thanks to all for your feedbacks and helps
Be interesting to hear how your tiimekeeping is. Mine is clearly the best of all of my watches.

Be interesting to hear how your tiimekeeping is. Mine is clearly the best of all of my watches.

Black Dial is ipnotic, have some soleil effect
Case is thin and very portable
Hands and Lugs are charming in their vintage inspiration
Carrure give a unique touch
Marks are blinding
Lume is simple and functional
Weekness? Not for me
The perfect dress watch at this price and more.

I must to find absolutely the “armadillo” bracelet, but I love it with an alligator strap too.

If people will continue to buy medium quality diver watch, I’ll be happy to still hit these beauties 😎

I must to find absolutely the “armadillo” bracelet, but I love it with an alligator strap too.
Nothing to "find". 1601/943, order directly from Omega.

The watch running good +3 sec in 12h, but the reserve power is too short, only 16 hours.

It needs a service (the last on 2012)

could I ask directly to the boutique?
I don’t see any possibility on website.

@SkunkPrince do u know the price approx?
Yes, ask at the boutique. As I bought mine some time ago, I can't tell you what it costs today, but I paid about USD1000 when I bought mine.