Forums Latest Members
  1. DaveyP Jun 21, 2018

Hi Everybody, first time posting on here, so please be gentle.
    My wife has inherited an Omega De Ville from her father and wishes to sell it, but unsure where is the best place to go about doing this.
    It is the chronograph, black face with two silver dials and has all the boxes, paperwork etc to go with it. It is also the 860,which we believe is fairly uncommon.
    I would appreciate any advice from the experts on here and if possible a rough estimate of the value as don’t want to get ripped off.
    46B23BE9-83F3-452A-8014-D51BFACDE353.jpeg

46B23BE9-83F3-452A-8014-D51BFACDE353.jpeg
  2. chipsotoole Jun 21, 2018

Hi Davey ,
    You'll need to do a bit of homework regarding prices and points of sale. There are a number of options. To make any kind of assessment we'd need to see both a picture of the movement and a shot of the inside of the back cover. That way we can ascertain the movement calibre, the year of production (I'm guessing late 60's, possibly early 70's), and the specific model reference number. This will also help you do a search for prices.
    The dial appears to be in great shape and the case seems to have remained unpolished, both of which augur well for it's value. With all the boxes and paperwork too this would certainly interest the collector and command higher end prices.

3. DaveyP Jun 21, 2018

Hi Chipsotoole
    Thanks very much for your reply and helping out a complete amateur such as myself when it comes to watches. I have a Garmin, that’s my level
    I wouldn’t know how to get the back off the watch and to be honest wouldn’t like to try in case I broke it. However, the numbers from the paperwork are 145-0017 and 32832531-860
    It was bought on 22/04/78
    Any more info from these would be appreciated.
    Best regards

alex10 likes this.
  4. MaiLollo Jun 21, 2018

This is a very pretty / rare / desireable watch, so I think some members here will want to get it from you. @chipsotoole gave you great advice.
    Good luck with finding her a new owner!