Omega De Ville 146.017 (Recent Acquisition)

(Sorry, I accidentally hit post a bit early)
So I got a deal on what (I think) may have been one of the only 146.017 De Ville's for sale in the US. I'm very thrilled with the quality, especially considering this is a ~52 year old watch. The watch has an almost champagne patina to the dial that really sings in person (phone pictures nowadays pick up every imperfection, the case is in surprisingly good condition). Chronograph seems to be running perfectly, and it is keeping great time. I had been searching for one of these for some time so very excited.

I had a couple questions for those who are more familiar with vintage Omega watches than me:
- If I were to send this into the nearby Omega boutique, what would they do in a service? I've heard about folks replacing dials, etc, but I'm not sure what to expect. I'll probably enjoy it for a while. Please excuse my lack of familiarity with the process but was just interested.
- This is my first acrylic watch. Is there anything I may apply to the crystal to buff out the small scratch of two? Any YouTube recommendations are much appreciated.
- Appreciate any strap recommendations for fellow owners.

I own a 3861 Speedmaster, Omega Seamaster Prebond, and BB58, so this fits nicely into the collection as a smaller, dress watch that can still be worn as an everyday watch.
Edited:

Nice catch.

Polywatch is designed for polishing plexiglass crystals. I also use autosol or even toothpaste for very light scratches.

I've always wanted this reference. Ended up with the seamaster version. The crystal doesn't look terrible as far as I can tell. I second using polywatch to polish it. I use independent watchmakers for my vintage Omega. I don't think it's necessary to send it to Omega$$ but it's better than Rolex who replaces parts as they please. Ask for a basic overhaul, I would keep the scratches and not relume hands/dial.

And lastly, put it on a NATO! Or a olive green leather band. I wear mine on a baby blue NATO 😁

I always found Polywatch to be useless, and the tutorials just skip the magic part, I've started using Menzerna 3800 and it does wonders, the trick is to hear the squeaking, that's the part that makes the crystal shine - I didn't go back to Polywatch, used a high amount of it, and make it squeak tho, so Polywatch might work better if you just go all the way - my suggestion, mask well and definitely apply light force with crystal polishing

1. I can't imagine an Omega boutique is much different (on a watch like this) than an independent watchmaker with an Omega account; I'd go with the latter if there's anyone near you.

2. I've used several different methods; polywatch works slightly better (imo), but the *actual* best is going to a watch shop and asking them to use a polishing wheel.

3. My blue dial says hello. As you know, great 19mm straps aren't simple to find. I think it's just taste; I wear mine on one of the new JBC flat-links (until/unless I track down a 1067), but I've loved every Molequin strap I've ever bought. IMG_0618.jpg

Thanks for everyone’s thoughts. I did a light polywatch and I think it looks great.

I have decided to hold off on sending it to anyone until some indication the movement needs to be serviced. I bought service history unknown but the watch is keeping excellent time/only needs winding every 36 hours or so, so I imagine I’ll enjoy for awhile.

Figured I’d also post a photo with the other generation omegas!

does anyone know where you can find further information about this model beyond the Fratello article and some of the threads on this forum? Looking for old ads etc but haven’t found much!
9BA64163-D390-47C8-9250-90AD0741A62B.jpeg F5681CE2-0B0D-4639-AE44-D3136F5FAF1F.jpeg