Omega cosmic waterproof? How?

As the title says.

How in the world was the omega Seamaster cosmic, waterproof? It has no gasket on its crown or anywhere for that matter.

the cosmic 2000 in comparison has like 4 gaskets.

attached is a video from YouTube. Of a guy restoring a vintage Seamaster cosmic. You can see within the first 2-3min. That there are 0 gaskets.

so to reiterate. How was the Seamaster cosmic. Waterproof? If anyone knows.

The crown has an internal gasket that collars the outside of the stem tube, & the compression fit crystal uses a tension ring that that serves to press the outside of the crystal to the inside of the case. And no it didn't work all that great, but at that time 'Seamaster' did not equate to 'dive watch'.

Having no case back the original Cosmics had one less area for water ingress as well.

Having no case back the original Cosmics had one less area for water ingress as well.
That technique works pretty well too, I find front loaders are among the most consistently able to pass pressure tests, even with a fresh gasket I’ve had more than a few casebacks from the 50’s and 60’s that didn’t seal well due to pitting, corrosion or damage.

That technique works pretty well too, I find front loaders are among the most consistently able to pass pressure tests, even with a fresh gasket I’ve had more than a few casebacks from the 50’s and 60’s that didn’t seal well due to pitting, corrosion or damage.

In turn, I find the unishell cased Cosmics, Cosmic 2000’s and Seamaster DeVilles have amongst the highest ratio of good condition dials, as amateurs are less able to open the case back for a tinker and not properly reseal

The crown has an internal gasket that collars the outside of the stem tube, & the compression fit crystal uses a tension ring that that serves to press the outside of the crystal to the inside of the case. And no it didn't work all that great, but at that time 'Seamaster' did not equate to 'dive watch'.

It works just fine.