Forums Latest Members
  1. 69ways Oct 11, 2017

Hello
    I found this for 180 usd
    Gold plated
    Is it
    Worth it?
    Regards
    7E7BE79A-7A6A-45A5-9D78-BAAC429AF3B2.jpeg F6410AC2-4894-42CB-AFB6-B1EBBD137107.jpeg

2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Oct 11, 2017

Not to me.

3. chipsotoole Oct 11, 2017

Hi there,
    I don't believe the strap is original to the watch. Generally gold plate Omegas are less desirable that Stainless steel. Seamaster cosmics are a bit unloved and overlooked in collecting circles but I'm sure they will eventually get more recognition... and as you can see, the case is in really pretty bad shape from the back picture.. However the dial looks to be in pretty good shape and the crosshair dial is a bit more sought after. A bit of polywatch will get the crystal scratches out. Is it working or has it been recently revised? That will make a big difference to the answer.
    You need a special tool to get the crystal off and get to the movement from the top. Without pictures of the movement it is hard to say. If it was a working cal 565 you'd probably get most of your money back by parting it out. I'd guess it to be 1968/1969 or so (others might know more). Replacement steel cases often show up on eBay relatively cheaply. Worth it? hmmm.. If you're looking to flip it...no.

4. TropicConnie Oct 11, 2017

Whether the strap is original or not is a moot point, they're effectively consumable goods and one shouldn't really expect a vintage watch to still have the original.

5. chipsotoole Oct 11, 2017

You think?...but if you have say an original late 60's Omega 'Brick" bracelet with matching end pieces attached that was how it was originally marketed, with a case that is not in great shape, you might a)sell it to fund a movement revision or case replacement that then makes the watch more valuable. or b) Sell the whole thing on for probably more than 180 Dollars...There are plenty collectors out there that whilst they may not expect to find a watch with it's original bracelet , are certainly happy to pay considerably more when they find one.
    IMG_2775.jpg

mikechi22 likes this.
  6. 69ways Oct 11, 2017

Strap is fitted lately
    Watch works fine

7. TropicConnie Oct 12, 2017

I was talking straps (i.e. leather) and you're talking bracelets (i.e. metal). Different scenarios entirely, so I'm not sure what your point is? Vintage bracelets by their nature of being more or less durable are much easier to find. 1960s Omega branded elephant or tapir leather straps though? Good luck finding those!

Edited Jun 17, 2018