Forums Latest Members
  1. cedric2295 Nov 12, 2016

Hi guys! I'm kinda new here so please play nice. So I was wondering if someone could please give me the complete details about this watch? A close friend of mine is planning to buy this watch from an online facebook group here in the Philippines. I was hopping to get the size of it and if tarnishing of gold would be an issue?

My friend wants to know if its a 38 - 40mm watch as he wants an average sized watch + the price value

Here are some pictures
    Oh and would a leather strap be a good combination with this watch?

: [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edited Nov 13, 2016
  2. GuiltyBoomerang Nov 12, 2016

Size wise, I'd be slightly suspicious as one of the fingers on that hand does appear to have a rather long fingernail. The expandable bracelet clasp has a pin sticking out, when it should be flush with the edge. The bracelet also appears to be losing some plating in the first photo, although that may be a trick of the light.

3. WatchVaultNYC Nov 12, 2016

It's about 40mm. Very substantial presence, and the 3D dial is amazing. I have similar model in steel. Looks great on a strap.

Note that it's a bit hard to open and service because of the case construction.

I don't know how much is being paid for your gold watch, but generally speaking I think Cosmic 2Ks are a great value for the modern size and looks.

[​IMG]

ahartfie and Ken G like this.
  4. cedric2295 Nov 12, 2016

Good to hear sir! will let my friend know!

5. cedric2295 Nov 12, 2016

But sir, will tarnishing of gold platting be an issue by any chance?

Edited Nov 12, 2016
  6. Ken G Nov 12, 2016

I've read that it's difficult and expensive to re-plate gold - with often less-than-satisfactory results. But I've never had this done - I'm sure someone who has will come along and give you more details...

As for the watch, I believe it's 38mm and I can confirm its a great model that does look fantastic on a strap. I have mine on Omega leather with OEM deployant: image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

rg0, ahartfie and Tubber like this.
  7. Ken G Nov 12, 2016

8. cedric2295 Nov 12, 2016

Ken G likes this.