Forums Latest Members
  1. Gusman Jun 14, 2014

image.jpg View attachment 60541
    I recently purchased an Omega Constellation swiss made wall clock from a local store. I wasn't familiar with the brand when I made the purchase, I just thought it looked nice. I decided to do a little research on the thing after examining a sticker located on the backside of the clock and that's how I ended up here. From what I've read I think this is possibly whats described as a promotional dealers wall clock that was never intended for retail sale. Is this correct? Also, I see there is a concern over the authenticity of these clocks. Is there anyway to determine which clocks are real and which ones are fake? I am attaching some photos of the clock I own below. Any information about the make, history, or value will be helpful. I have a few days before the return period ends and I hope to find answers before it's too late to get a refund. I appreciate your time. Thank you! View attachment 60540

2. clos53000 Jun 14, 2014

Hi, did you ever got any feed back on this clock?

3. Gusman Jun 14, 2014

Haven't had any luck yet.

4. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Jun 15, 2014

Be nice to see the front of the clock.

Ruegg is a clock maker in La Chaux de Fonds who also makes a range of indoor and outdoor advertising clocks for commercial purposes,:watchmakers like Cartier, Hublot and Omega are amongst their clients. They also make other clocks and watches under different brand names.

Advertising clocks, particularl the earlier viintage examples, are highly collectible and many an Omega collection would love to have one hanging on the Den wall.

Cheers

Desmond

5. Gusman Jun 15, 2014

image.jpg I am sorry, I didn't realize the front picture didn't attach to the post. Thank you so much for the info on Ruegg! That's very helpful.

Privateday7 and JimInOz like this.
  6. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 16, 2014

7. Gusman Jun 18, 2014

So glad to read your post. I started to worry when my research led me to a bunch of counterfeit products. I really appreciate the time you took to inform me of what you know.

still haven't quite figured out the features on the clock, I thought it was supposed to light up when in a dark room, but mine doesn't seem to glow. any suggestions on where I could take it to be serviced?

8. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 18, 2014

The only features that one has is two hands that rotate. I am very doubtfull that the hands and indexes are lumed (glowy paint stuff).

This was a display clock and wasn't made to replicate an actual watch, only to represent one.

As long as it ticks it's all OK.

9. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 18, 2014

More info about the actual movement (quartz motor)

Elag - Watch AG is a company at Switzerland,Fax is 032.631 10 21 (+41-032.631 10 21),Address is Walliswilstrasse 11 3380 Wangen an der Aare
    • Address: Walliswilstrasse 11 3380 Wangen an der Aare
    • City/Area: Switzerland
    • Contact Person: Chairman/Managing Director Mr Brechbühl, Hans; Purchasing Director/Manager Mr Brechbühl, Hans; Sales Director/Manager Mr Brechbühl, Hans; Marketing Director/Manager Mr Brechbühl, Hans; Technical Director/Manager Mr Brechbühl, Hans
    • Product list: Wall clocks
    • Category: Quartz Movements And Clocks
    • Employees: 3 to 5
    • Type: Manufacturers

10. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jun 18, 2014

I guess if you have any further questions, you should call "Mr Brechbühl, Hans". :D
    gatorcpa