Omega Constellation w/ bracelet. Case back ref. is 14381

FS 
$ 1500USD
Greetings everyone: It’s been a long time since I’ve posted in this forum, hope all are well.

I am offering for sale my 1961 Omega constellation pie pan dial with the beads of rice bracelet. This was purchased from Tourneau in 2016. I do not have the original box and papers. I only have what the reseller provided.

Cal.551 movement. Caseback Ref: 14391 10 SC. The serial number on the movement appears to be 18796246. Omega bracelet #8220 included.

The caseback has the gold observatory on it. Its condition is good. Photos show it has some scratches on the back and on the back of the lugs Which was caused by my clumsy attempts to remove the case back. It was a desk diver in my years of ownership. I’ve posted about this watch in “what are you wearing today?” thread. And if you search my post history, you can find other examples of a discussion about it on the vintage watch thread.

Other notes: The crystal bears the omega etching, but it is very faint and doesn’t show up in the photographs. When I purchased the watch it was sent to me with a replacement Omega crown that was larger, and I replaced it with a more period correct crown. I’m also including the sale this original crown a picture of which is included. The Crown is, I am told from the period but it is not the scalloped duck feet crown. The bracelet size is also pretty small so if you have a large wrist, this may not be the watch for you.

This watch was polished at Tourneau before I acquired it. I don’t think the lugs are quite as sharp as they might be, but it has retained all of its character.

As to collectibility, well, I would say its collectibility is only exceeded by its wearability. It’s a good looking watch on the wrist. Many of you are far far better judges of that quality than I will ever be.

I’m asking $1700 for the watch the bracelet and the spare crown. This is what I have into it from 2016 not including the taxes and shipping. I paid back then.

Payment via transfer wise Or wire transfer accepted. Shipping is buyers expense in the domestic United States and internationally via parcel pro. International buyers are responsible for any applicable taxes, duties and customs that may be owed on the purchase. No refunds unless watch is not as described. I will accept PayPal, but the buyer must pay all fees.

I have sold other pieces on this forum back in 2018, and there are links below. I did my best with the pictures using my lousy iPhone camera. Please reach out to me via direct message if you have questions.

IMG_2749.jpeg IMG_2748.jpeg IMG_2879.jpeg IMG_3174.jpeg IMG_3176.jpeg IMG_3175.jpeg IMG_3177.jpeg IMG_3178.jpeg
IMG_3179.jpeg IMG_3180.jpeg IMG_3181.jpeg IMG_3182.jpeg IMG_3172.jpeg IMG_2893.jpeg IMG_3170.jpeg IMG_3183.jpeg

IMG_3171.jpeg

dial was repainted
Interesting, how can you tell, like what sort of thing gives that away?
Edited:

dial was repainted
Truly. I seek only to learn, and I’m curious as to why this comment was posted.

This is especially curious to me in light of positive feedback I received when I acquired the watch back in 2016 on this very forum?

There were favorable comments after this post that didn’t mention a redial. Perhaps they were just being polite I don’t know…

So if you see evidence of a redial that others have missed, and that I would have been unaware of as this was previously a gift, I would appreciate an explanation.

Unless of course, there’s some other reason you chose to comment on this post? Unless there are other motivations that all of us are currently unaware of ? Now, I can’t imagine what that might be, but any light that could be shed on this subject regarding the dial quality would be appreciated.
Edited:

Honestly I can see why someone said they think it is repainted, but it could just be the lowish quality of the dial photos. In some photos, minute marks between 5 and 7 look uneven, too fat, etc. -- but that may be blur or noise in the photo. Also in some photos it looks like there could be paint on the OMEGA logo, but it is likely just a light source off to the side.

Dial photos in natural light would definitely help put to bed any doubts.

Honestly I can see why someone said they think it is repainted, but it could just be the lowish quality of the dial photos. In some photos, minute marks between 5 and 7 look uneven, too fat, etc. -- but that may be blur or noise in the photo. Also in some photos it looks like there could be paint on the OMEGA logo, but it is likely just a light source off to the side.

Dial photos in natural light would definitely help put to bed any doubts.
I’ll try to upload some additional pictures taken in natural light. Also, the quality of the Camera is not that great and it’s better though than the one I used in 2016.

These are natural light, one with direct sunlight. I appreciate any input. I’m a fairly terrible photographer to be sure. I still don’t think it’s a redial. But it was purchased from a store so it likely was “reconditioned” to appeal to the masses. But it is the correct band at least with the watch era and a more correct crown than what it came with. IMG_3201.jpeg IMG_3202.jpeg IMG_3200.jpeg

Dial doesn't look repainted to me...

• Lack of 'Officially Certified' is correct for this piece
  • Serifs on minute markers

Is it a 14381 or a 14391?
14381. I can take the back off again and take a look, but I’m pretty sure on the photo that is an eight. Edit: I just looked at the case back again and it is 14381 10 SC I can send more pictures tomorrow if needed.
Edited:

14381. I can take the back off again and take a look, but I’m pretty sure on the photo that is an eight. Edit: I just looked at the case back again and it is 14381 10 SC I can send more pictures tomorrow if needed.
Thnx. I thought I had a faint of madness since the 14391 is'nt a constellation model... : )

Thnx. I thought I had a faint of madness since the 14391 is'nt a constellation model... : )
No, sir, I just put a typo in the description! Thanks for checking it out. You have sold some nice ones yourself in the past.👍🏻

I want to thank everyone for their expert advice. Being as transparent as possible is the only way to go with these vintage pieces. I wish I had an extract of the archives, but apparently in the states here we can’t access them right now. I’m happy to take additional pictures and deliver them to anyone who’s interested in the piece.

but apparently in the states here we can’t access them right now.
No one can. That service has been shut down after that massive Speedmaster fiasco. GLWS though!