Forums Latest Members
  1. Fost Jun 4, 2016

Dear members..

My grand uncle from Siberia gave me few years ago this.... No I am Joking :)

After 5 hours drive today I am finally back home with (one of) my new acquisition. A long wait until I found this one and after few hours on the wrist I am very happy with this watch. So I hope you will like it as well.
    This is a 168.3004 rose gold constellation with a tritium pie pan dial (no T from 1963) in good condition. The oversized case is a French case with a sharp médaillon on the back and original hidden crown.. Thé tritium in the dial and hands is perfect with a nice matching patina and no defect...This watch doesn't have much wrist time I think...
    But nothing is better that picture so here it is...
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

fjf, TNTwatch, ahartfie and 8 others like this.
  2. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Jun 4, 2016

mmm - pink gold Connie
    stunning
    congratulations
    interesting French 'expressed' medallion
    have you had it open? -presume it's a 561?
    any shots of the inner case back?

Fost likes this.
  3. Fost Jun 4, 2016

Unfortunately I didn't catch the inner case back but will do next time I will make it open!
    Here is the 561 :
    image.jpeg

GregH likes this.
  4. Fost Jun 4, 2016

I was told by the previous owner, that he remember ( but not sure at all) that the dial might be a 18k dial... Can anyone confirm if this is even possible?

5. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Jun 4, 2016

No. It is not 18k dial.

Fost likes this.
  6. Fost Jun 5, 2016

Thanks! Good to know! I will check if it is at least a Zelim Jacquot (ZJ) because I find this dial particularly impressive after inspection.

7. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Jun 5, 2016

Thanks for the movement pic
    There are 18k pie pans out there of course - but they are obviously gold on the front too
    There was a Dennison cased one sold on the forum late last year
    There is an old thread comparing .004 pie pans to the sharper edged .010 pie pan dial - worth a look for you

Fost likes this.
  8. mactab Jun 5, 2016

Ahh that Dennison Cased one will have been the one that I managed to buy.
    Its a lovely lovely watch but its not getting any wrist time unfortunately and I'm tending to wear my Japanese PiePan 168.0065. It may have to go to help fund a son through his masters- such a shame!! IMG_9480.jpg

GregH and Fost like this.