Forums Latest Members

Omega Constellation Double Eagle Chrono Info

1. Gold Nov 12, 2012

I've been lurking around this forum for a while and noticed there hasn't been anything on the double eagle chrono.

I'm considering buying it and would like to know the thoughts of the folk on this forum in regard to this watch!
    s watch.[​IMG]
    Ref No: 121.32.44.52.01.001
    Thanks!

2. ulackfocus Nov 12, 2012

I've got vertigo looking at that dial. :p

3. Gold Nov 12, 2012

Im wondering is it worth the price tag of 8500 USD?

4. rbird7282 Nov 14, 2012

The watch is worth whatever you are willing to pay for it. Personally it doesn't do anything for me, but all that really matters is that you like it.

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 14, 2012

Its really a matter of whether you like it, its not the most classical Omega piece, and its not my personal choice, especially at $8,500, but as a complicated chronograph its rather unique.

6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 14, 2012

Gold, one reason you don't see a lot of mention about this, or other modern "clawed" Constellations, is that the style is very unappealing to many. While these watches have a big following in Asia and some other parts of the world, there are many other areas that the style is even looked at with disdain and considered ugly. I don't even know anyone that owns one or would have it. If this watch appeals to you I certainly would not try to dissuade you from acquiring one. I am sure it is a fine watch,

7. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Nov 15, 2012

:) ....... I am among the ones who like claw in Omega Constellation. But I understand why people do not like it. It's like your watch will fall apart and you need something to attach it together temporarily........

8. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Nov 16, 2012

The moment you walk out the boutique, the value of this watch will decrease at least 40%.
    What really the factor that drives your purchasing here?

If you like Chronograph, for that price I suggest you consider Speedmaster Moonwatch Soyuz limited edition.
    omega-speedmaster-professional-apollo-soyuz-35th-anniversary_rF6QS_48.jpg

The look is stunning and it will hold the value much better. Probably within 3 to 5 years the value will surpass your purchase price

If you like the Double Eagle Constellation with black waffle dial, you would better off buy the regular one for half the price and will not too worry about the depreciation.
    RG with black dial.png SS black waffle.png

But if you really like the 'Olympic' style chronograph, just follow your heart. hey.......it's your money to burn.

9. Gold Nov 16, 2012

That's a lot for the replies guys!

I do like the watch design and I tried to get info regarding this watch but as I mentioned couldn't find anything on it... Currently it's a toss up between - the aqua terra, PO & this one... I'm still leaning towards the aqua terra chrono. However, that speedmaster Soyuz looks great!

I'm still a bit perplexed that I'm the only one that liked the double eagle chrono. And I o like the Constellation in SS with the black dial(tiny squares). The thing I disliked was the 38mm which is too small!

This would be an everyday watch.

10. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 16, 2012

Go with the Skyfall Aqua Terra with the deep blue teak dial. Magnificent!

11. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 16, 2012

Just wondering if you've seen the new Omega Cal 9300 chronographs? There are some like the Planet Ocean chronograph 9300 that are absolutely brilliant, its an in-house movement too, which the Constellation Double Eagle doesn't have

12. Gold Nov 18, 2012

I just googled exactly what you wrote and got a YouTube review for it. De Ville Co-Axial Chronograph and that looks stunning! Now i am totally confused whether I should get the AQ white dial ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353229927.087504.jpg
    Or
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353229900.246091.jpg
    The strap of the de ville is the only thing that's not to liking.

13. MyVintageOmega Nov 18, 2012

Man that's one busy dial....perhaps too busy!

14. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Nov 18, 2012

Seamaster Aqua Terra Chrono get my vote. Love the Guilloche Stripes. Arrow hands, Red accents, Neat Chrono................:thumbsup: