Forums Latest Members
  1. bhoboo Jan 7, 2015

My new connie came in the mail today and I was very excited with the dial (I'm no expert but at least it looks fine to my eyes). I couldn't resit looking the movement and caseback inscriptions and I opened it. It has cal.505. The problem is that I couldn't press the case back on!! (I have never had any problem with snap/press type case backs with other watches). Part of the problem is the O-ring/washer that doesn't align properly to get the case back pressed. I even tried without the o-ring but the case back still doesn't get pressed! Do I need a special tool like crystal press to get the case back on? If I can solve it I don't want to send it to my watchmaker (from TX to CA) just to fix the case back.
    Please help me out and let me know your thoughts about the watch as well. Pictures to follow..

DSC_0323 (800x798).jpg
    DSC_0328 (800x532).jpg
    DSC_0333 (800x529).jpg
    DSC_0336 (739x800).jpg
    DSC_0319 (761x800).jpg

ChrisN, gatorcpa and Privateday7 like this.
  2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 7, 2015

That is a really nice dial! A rarity for these watches.

I would recommend that you find a local watchmaker that can fit the gasket and use the proper case-press while you wait. I would also suggest that you get a proper 10-sided crown for Ref. 2852 from Ofrei.com or Jules Borel.

Might as well do both at the same time, as both are relatively simple jobs (when you have the right tools).
    gatorcpa

3. bhoboo Jan 8, 2015

Thank you gator!
    I am wondering if I may need a new stem to get the crown changed. Anyways, I will take the watch to my watchmaker. By the way, I think that the case back might be heavily polished during past servicing as I am able to rotate gold constellation observatory and the waterproof and constellation engraving on the caseback is missing too. There is no way to fix those but it looks really amazing from the front!