Omega Constellation 168.045 - Which box reference can be appropriate?

Hello everyone!

Having scouted for some time to find an appropriate box reference for a Constellation 168.045, or in general a men’s sized integrated bracelet Omega Constellation (including the later 168.0054), I have not found a definitive answer. This includes searching through the Omega box thread on this forum. I was wondering if anyone has a more definitive idea of the "correct" box.

My best guess would be the boxes I've attached to this post.

Having worked in retail and having dealt with pairing boxes to items, I know there can a huge variety even among the same producer. Omega, especially in the past, seemed to have several boxes option for each reference

Thanks for your help!

B176A53A-6210-4B84-B5C6-085964D79492.jpeg
s-l1200.jpg .

The reason you have not found a definitive answer is that there isn’t one. Boxes were sometimes sourced locally by Omega depending on the market in the watch was originally sold.

One rule of thumb is that Constellations were generally sold in boxes marked “Constellation”. However, my thought is the second box is too new for one of the late 1960’s integrated bracelet models. That one screams 1980’s and Manhattan design language to me.

The first one looks to be of the correct era, but no Constellation markings. Find one like that, properly marked, and you should be close.
gatorcpa