Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Constellation 168.018 Volkswagen engraved - Price reduction

1. DanT Nov 15, 2023

Hello OF

For sale here is an Omega Constellation Ref 168.018 with 1038 Omega bracelet. The caseback features an engraved 1970 and an unusual 'Volkswagen' logo - apparently it was a presentation gift to the UK top VW salesman in that year. So for VW collectors - or Beastie Boy fans - this is a must!

Offered for £950 which I think is pretty fair since it includes the rare (and very nice) bracelet. Royal Mail special delivery in the UK £8.00, elsewhere to be discussed.

Case - steel case is very sharp, no signs of polishing, 35mm excluding crown. The thin bezel makes the dial look large and it wears well. Original crown and caseback features the Constellation observatory logo and the aforementioned engraving, which does make this rather special.

Dial - Silver sunburst with applied Omega logo and script and constellation star, applied indices with black inserts and tritium plots. The tritium on the hour plots and hands has aged to an attractive yellow. There is one flaw - a discolouration between 11 and 12 indices. Its not easy to see in daylight and hard to photograph but I've included a pic below.

Crystal - original with inlaid Omega logo in the centre.

Bracelet - 1038 stainless steel bracelet in great condition with Omega logo on clasp with correct 555 end links, this is the correct bracelet for this reference and very nice it is too. Worth a couple of hundred on its own. I really like this bracelet, as it features flat sections that contrast very nicely with the beads of rice links. I honestly think this is the nicest Omega bracelet I've ever experienced.

Movement - Omega calibre 564 chronometer. Running fine and crown, hands and date setting all functioning correctly. No service history on this I'm afraid so would advise a trip to your watchmaker.

Pics below - thanks OF as always for a fantastic resource and the space, thanks for looking, and hope you enjoy the pics -

con main.jpg con bracelet.jpg con crown.jpg con side .jpg con dial CU.jpg con caseback WS.jpg con engraving.jpg con movement.jpg con wrist.jpg con caseback.jpg con damage.jpg

Jkuback, Zdzislaw, nitediver and 7 others like this.
  2. DanT Nov 19, 2023

Weekend bump -some interest but still available, maybe some Venn diagram overlap between vintage watch collectors and VW enthusiasts?!

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 19, 2023

One post or bump per day, I’ve deleted your other two

4. DanT Nov 20, 2023

Apologies for that - I mistakenly thought it was one bump per watch. I will bear in mind for the future - and thanks again to OF and you guys for the space and your time moderating.

Zdzislaw likes this.
  5. Pastorbottle Nov 20, 2023

Nice watch……despite being polluted with that awful logo, I s’pose it runs better that the cars that wore it! ::stirthepot:::D
    Don’t mind me…. Have an unusually high number of VW loving mates, and shitstiring them about their horrid cars is both a habit and a pastime!!!
    Seriously that is a lovely watch.

Zdzislaw likes this.
  6. DanT Nov 21, 2023

Thanks - glad you like the watch if not the VW connection. Its engraved for 1970 which is the year after the first Herbie Love Bug film, which was a huge hit for Disney, and may have contributed to a bumper sales year for Beetles!

Zdzislaw likes this.
  7. DanT Nov 22, 2023

Price reduction to £875 - including the bracelet.

Zdzislaw likes this.
  8. DanT Nov 26, 2023

Bump -and price drop to £825

Zdzislaw likes this.
  9. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Nov 28, 2023

Love the Beastie Boys ref... have a free bump on me!

Zdzislaw and DanT like this.
  10. Zdzislaw Dec 2, 2023

Beautiful, honest price and GLWS! :thumbsup:

DanT likes this.
  11. DanT Dec 5, 2023

Sold to another OF member - thanks to all those who got in touch and as ever to Omega Forums for the space.

rbob99 and Zdzislaw like this.