Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Constellation 168.017

1. DanT Jan 2, 2022

I'm offering this Omega Constellation 168.017 here in case its of interest to the OF family. Serviced 4/2/21 by Simon Freese here in the UK, silver sunburst dial in good condition, case is sharp with original brushing still evident.

One of the main attractions for me of this watch is the 561 movement, which is keeping excellent time following its service. I understand the movement serial number of 24493XXX falls within the range of the 100,000 consecutive 561 movements that passed chronometer certification with especially good results. An incredible achievement of engineering that help explains why the 5XX family of Omega movements are so highly regarded by Omega enthusiasts and collectors. You can read more about it here:
    https://ialreadyhaveawatch.com/2009/01/31/the-famous-100000-consecutive-omega-561-chronometers/

During the service, I had the crown and second hand replaced for the correct versions for this reference. I'm unsure whether the hour and minute hands are original to the watch, as they're the thin 'jet line' versions - not the lumed versions. But I have left as they were when I purchased the watch.

I'm not sure if the movement makes this particularly collectible, so asking what I think is a fair price of £750, which includes Royal Mail special delivery in the UK, Pay Pal F&F preferred. Thanks OF for the space and Happy New Year to you all - and please do let me know if you would like to see anymore pics or any questions.

connie dial main.jpg connie dial 1.jpg connie dial 3.jpg connie medallion.jpg connie crown .jpg connie caseback.jpg connie mvment .jpg

Emeister, Yomega, patrick1616 and 8 others like this.
  2. PlainVanilla Jan 3, 2022

A very interesting story, these 100,000 consecutive chronometer graded movements! Thank you for that and GLWS! :thumbsup:

DanT likes this.
  3. DanT Jan 4, 2022

Watch now sold - thanks OF for the time and space placing this ad - and to those members who got in touch