Forums Latest Members
  1. koekoek Jan 5, 2018

I have my eyes on this Omega constellation. I am not very experienced when it comes to Omega's to so perhaps i could get some opinions on the watch here. I thought this watch might make a nice Constellation for me to start with for me.

The crystal is slightly worrying to me, i presume it is mineral and not acrylic anymore for this reference? And from what i understand the 1011 movements arent the easiest when it comes to servicing. This is the best picture in the listing ::facepalm1::.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dan7800 Jan 5, 2018

Lousy photos and no movement shots always = a risk to me

3. koekoek Jan 5, 2018

Yes it is a risk, but i could pick the watch up and maybe take my rubber ball with me. But i would still not know if the watch keeps decent time. I am still debating if it is a risk worth taking and at what price i should take the gamble.

p.s. i love lousy photos. They always make the best pick ups ;)

dan7800 likes this.
  4. dan7800 Jan 5, 2018

I will let someone who is more experienced than me correct me, but IF this was legit (with no redial etc..), then I'd guess $300-400

IMHO these are some of the most overlooked Omegas. I am searching for one like this myself.

A date/date just went for $322 on Ebay
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Omega-Seam...B%2BjaFEtdoX%2Bso0CR0%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=ncPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

koekoek likes this.
  5. koekoek Jan 6, 2018

I decided to go for it since the price was okay :). It does definitely need a new crystal, but the dial/hands are great and the watch works well. I will post some pictures tomorrow.

ConElPueblo likes this.
  6. koekoek Jan 7, 2018

There are some good points about this watch, case is unpolished, crown looks to be original, dial and hands are good and it keeps good time (after 14 hours since i started timing it has lost 5 seconds).

Also some negative points, the crystal obviously needs replacing, i cant get the bracelet off because one of the pins is stuck. But all in all, not a bad watch at all imo and will be great after a new crystal.

I got one further question, the crown looks to be original to me. But its hard to pull it out, because i cant seem to be able to get my finger under it. Is this normal?

WP_20180107_14_59_59_Pro.jpg WP_20180107_14_56_12_Pro.jpg
    justinz likes this.
  7. dan7800 Jan 7, 2018

Great pick up. May I ask how much you paid (for my own future reference)

koekoek likes this.
  8. koekoek Jan 7, 2018

I paid 250 euro's for the watch. But i think the prices internationally and with a better listing would be higher.

dan7800 likes this.
  9. fjf Jan 7, 2018

You should always service a new watch (even if the seller says it's been done, because it usually isn't true). After cleaning and oiling the crown may be a bit easier on you.

dan7800 likes this.
  10. koekoek Jan 7, 2018

I agree with that. I get most of my vintage pieces that are keepers serviced.That is why i like buying these "project" watches. After a new crystal and service i will have probably paid the same as i would for a normal unserviced example. It is just hard to get my fingernail under the crown to pull it out.

11. dan7800 Jan 7, 2018

Newb here: But I'd not do anything and just get it serviced. You could potentially cause more damage.
    Good looking piece though

Dibs