Omega Constellation 168.005, cal 564 offer

Hello Members,

I've been offered an Omega Constellation PiePan on BOR bracelet for ~2120USD.
To my untrained eye it seems that dial is fine, the case was polished, clasp and bracelet seem ok.

Given the fact that this doesn't seem like an amazing price (or am I wrong?), would you be so kind and share your thoughts on this?

Watch looks to be in good condition, but at that price, I would expect a perfect (not yellowed) dial and original (not factory replacement) crown.

Movement serial number of 34M seems too high for a pie-pan 168.005.

Not loving this watch or its price.
gatorcpa

Watch looks to be in good condition, but at that price, I would expect a perfect (not yellowed) dial and original (not factory replacement) crown.

Movement serial number of 34M seems too high for a pie-pan 168.005.

Not loving this watch or its price.
gatorcpa

In regards to the serial number it was likely produced in 1972.
Any website where I can look up the production timeframes based on ref's not serials?

Also, what would be a good price for it you guys think? 1.5k USD?

At this price, I would also expect to see a rubber gasket on the back. That could explain the yellowing on the dial if it has been missing for years.

At this price, I would also expect to see a rubber gasket on the back. That could explain the yellowing on the dial if it has been missing for years.
how much would you say this one is worth the sin?
I'm looking for a constellation for quite some time now and a bit tired of still not owning one 😉

I think for this model, the SP code changes the crystal code, so the case is different as well?

These late serial doglegs have shown up before - previously speculation suggested they had C-case transplants but with no evidence to corroborate this.
quite close overlap with the ‘far east’ pie pan variants.
(Something nagging at the back of my mind says they were for the far east too. )

Case is polished but ok.
Movt looks very tired (colour wise)
Painted indices aligns with later production model.
Replacement crown.
Modern BOR? ( certainly inappropriate style BOR)
Yellowing dial.
@hoipolloi would criticise the lack of index at ‘3’

Definitely way too expensive by about $8-900 IMHO.

These late serial doglegs have shown up before - previously speculation suggested they had C-case transplants but with no evidence to corroborate this.
quite close overlap with the ‘far east’ pie pan variants.
(Something nagging at the back of my mind says they were for the far east too. )

Case is polished but ok.
Movt looks very tired (colour wise)
Painted indices aligns with later production model.
Replacement crown.
Modern BOR? ( certainly inappropriate style BOR)
Yellowing dial.
@hoipolloi would criticise the lack of index at ‘3’

Definitely way too expensive by about $8-900 IMHO.
Thanks all for the thoughts. I'll pass this one.

Could you share a source where I can look up production dates based on ref's?

I have one to check production based on serials, but can't fine one for refs.

None of it is public info, year from serial is just an approximate guess as well

Thanks all for the thoughts. I'll pass this one.

Could you share a source where I can look up production dates based on ref's?

I have one to check production based on serials, but can't fine one for refs.
Sometimes the Omega Vintage Database has an initial year for a reference. If you want more detailed information, you'll have to do some research on a case-by-case basis. There are very few shortcuts for buying vintage watches. In fact, the more you use the various websites that people take as gospel, the more you realize that they have many small errors and oversimplifications.
https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watch-omega-constellation-calendar-st-168-0005

You could likely find a nicer Connie here for quite a bit less. Ask me how I know 😀

Condition is ok. Crown is a replacement. If it was half the price, it would be a reasonable deal but certainly not at asking.

It's a very pretty Connie but the price is a little high.
I would say more around the 1k USD mark.