Omega constellation 168.005 backcase

Hey,

I've been looking for a replacement backcase for my gold on steel constellation, since mine have lost its medallion..

I recently bought a backcase and was wondering if it looks legit. I wonder because this medallion have a darker color than the watch..

Thanks for any help..

Gold discolors over time, nothing to worry about. Your case might have seen a polish (or a wipe with a gold cloth) while the medallion hasnt or vice versa.

Does it fit is the main question to me. There were different case producers with ever so slightly different measurements and the case backs aren't all interchangable. If it does fit you were indeed lucky. :)

Like 2
Quoted member MtV
Gold discolors over time, nothing to worry about. Your case might have seen a polish (or a wipe with a gold cloth) while the medallion hasnt or vice versa.

Does it fit is the main question to me. There were different case producers with ever so slightly different measurements and the case backs aren't all interchangable. If it does fit you were indeed lucky. :)

Thanks.. :-)

I will see if it fits later today. Fingers crossed...

The lack of perlaging suggests that the case back is either a late version or perhaps a service item?

As @MtV says, different manufactured cases have slight differences in sizes - is your original case a CB case?

Best of luck with the fitting.

Like 1
The lack of perlaging suggests that the case back is either a late version or perhaps a service item?

As @MtV says, different manufactured cases have slight differences in sizes - is your original case a CB case?

Best of luck with the fitting.

Thank you,

I dont have the watch here now, and I dont remember if the original case is a CB. Will check later. Im happy if the backcase fits. Been looking for one a long time now. I inherited the watch from my father and grandfather, so it will mean a lot to get a "new" case with the medallion.. *fingers crossed*

Like 1
Well, guess it was my lucky day.. The back case fit nice! :thumbsup:

Thanks for helping!!

That balm means it's likely unused, nice caseback and congrats