Omega Connie honeycomb - advice needed

Hi all,

The offer that stands in front of me is this Connie with arrowheads and waffle dial. I have to admit that I really fancy waffle dials and would like to see one on my wrist.
I have the option to purchase this one for around EUR 1,100. Notice that this one endured some polishing and the crown is probably aftermarket, but the case back and the dial seem in quite good condition.

Unfortunately, there aren't many neither available for purchase nor past purchases for a proper comparison.
Need some guidance here if that is generally a good deal or if I miss any major flaws?

Many thanks!

s-l1600.jpg s-l1600.jpg s-l1600.jpg s-l1600.jpg s-l1600.jpg

Watch looks OK to me based on photos provided.

The case reference on this watch is 2652. It is one of the most common early Constellation models. You should be able to Google “Omega Constellation 2652” and find hundreds of them in various states of preservation.

Let us know what you find out.
gatorcpa

Watch looks OK to me based on photos provided.

The case reference on this watch is 2652. It is one of the most common early Constellation models. You should be able to Google “Omega Constellation 2652” and find hundreds of them in various states of preservation.

Let us know what you find out.
gatorcpa
Thanks for confirming.
My issue was with finding recent sales so to get a ballpark number on what is sensible deal for this watch. Otherwise here on OF found lots of photos of people posting the 2652 ones they have (but no price tag).

Unfortunately (or not), the offer has been withdrawn. I assume someone else accepted it.
Anyway, the browsing continues and waiting for the next one.

Agree with your assessment. Dial is main attraction, case overpolished, movement looks a bit tired
Here’s mine showing bezel edge which is polished out on the watch you posted. Wrong crown, and your dial is better.
FYI I paid $1500 about 2 yrs ago which I thought was ok price so your offer was in ballpark- I would’ve been tempted for the dial but prob pass with the case condition. IMG_7573.jpeg IMG_5183.jpeg IMG_5184.jpeg

Agree with your assessment. Dial is main attraction, case overpolished, movement looks a bit tired
Here’s mine showing bezel edge which is polished out on the watch you posted. Wrong crown, and your dial is better.
FYI I paid $1500 about 2 yrs ago which I thought was ok price so your offer was in ballpark- I would’ve been tempted for the dial but prob pass with the case condition. IMG_7573.jpeg IMG_5183.jpeg IMG_5184.jpeg
Thanks, that is very helpful.
Indeed, the dial is what really attracted me - especially the honeycomb.