Forums Latest Members
  1. Interstellar Dec 9, 2015

Gents, a recently acquired Chronostop arrived and most naturally, i can't wait to put it on and show it to the world. ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thing is, it comes with the original mesh bracelet and i can't seem to figure out how to adjust it. Tried searching forum, YouTube, but to no avail.

But i did find an old manual from chronomaddox's site.
    [​IMG]

It says to adjust bracelet to desired length, loosen locking screws (D) by turning tho the right... Etc

My question is do we need a special tool to do this? Or how do i go about it sans tool if it's even possible?

The (D) locking screw looks like this...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyone with any idea on this?

Thanks in advance!

Copeau likes this.
  2. italy1861 Dec 9, 2015

Have you tried a flat tipped screwdriver? You may need to grind the tip down so the flat part gets thick enough to engage the head properly and not damage the edges of the locking screw. Beautiful watch by the way!

Interstellar likes this.
  3. JACK G Dec 9, 2015

I bought one of these in 1971 and still have it!!!

It is a small screwdriver that fits into the slot.

Cannot remember if you turn it left or right to undo - but whichever way it opens it closes the opposite way.

Turning retracts a couple of grippers which grip the grooves inside the clasp cover edge.

When opened slide strap to desired position and close.

Interstellar likes this.
  4. Interstellar Dec 9, 2015

Thanks guys for the suggestion. Looks like all the screwdrivers I have are too big for the slot.

Jack, do you recall if there is a special screwdriver/tool when you bought it way back then (or perhaps at the shop) or would any small flat head screwdriver will do?

5. JACK G Dec 9, 2015

A screwdriver was not supplied and any small one will do - Good Luck.

6. Interstellar Dec 9, 2015

Thanks Jack, I'll go look for one tmrw. Cheers!