Omega Centenary reference 2500

Dear Forum,
What do you think of this Omega Centenary ref. 2500?
I think that the case is polished and the sub-seconds hand (and maybe the hour and minute) is a replacement. Overall I like its conditions. What are your opinions? Would you buy such a watch? I am thinking of adding it in my collection.

Omega6.jpg Omega7.jpg

Like 1
I like them so much, I just bought one!

F8C1DB1E-3260-4FE5-95F3-376DA73AEC80.jpeg

However, I see the same issues with that one as you do. Case is way over polished, compare the bezel on both watches. Seconds hand is not correct, but not bad either. The lacquer on your dial shows some signs of water intrusion. Most of them do at 75 years old.

In the end, it comes down to price vs. condition. What are they asking for it?
gatorcpa

Like 3
Dear Forum,
What do you think of this Omega Centenary ref. 2500?
I think that the case is polished and the sub-seconds hand (and maybe the hour and minute) is a replacement. Overall I like its conditions. What are your opinions? Would you buy such a watch? I am thinking of adding it in my collection.

Omega6.jpg Omega7.jpg

yes, you are correct - all hands are wrong replacements

I like them so much, I just bought one!

F8C1DB1E-3260-4FE5-95F3-376DA73AEC80.jpeg

However, I see the same issues with that one as you do. Case is way over polished, compare the bezel on both watches. Seconds hand is not correct, but not bad either. The lacquer on your dial shows some signs of water intrusion. Most of them do at 75 years old.

In the end, it comes down to price vs. condition. What are they asking for it?
gatorcpa

You were very quick on this amazing example! Congratulations! The original box is a very nice addition, wear in good health. The asking price is 3000 swiss francs.

The asking price is 3000 swiss francs.
Way, way too high, even if perfect and after accounting for VAT.

@mac_omega, good catch on the hands. Didn’t see that at first glance.
gatorcpa

Thank you all for the input! The seller was very kind and sent a lot of pictures of the movement, caseback etc. If you like, I can post them here. I decided to move on and continue my hunt for Centenary ref. 2500.