Forums Latest Members
  1. WatchCor Jul 22, 2019

A good friend of mine and a fellow watch enthusiast is negotiating for this particular watch and considering a purchase.

He asked me to help him evaluate it and I did but I also admitted that I am somewhat of beginner on the vintage watch field.

So I am asking ΩF help. Here is the watch in question:

IMG-20190721-WA0002.jpg IMG-20190722-WA0005.jpg IMG-20190722-WA0004.jpg IMG-20190721-WA0000.jpg

The case looks sharp, the caseback cover looks clean, and the gasket seems to be at somepoint to have been replaced (service uknown). Movement looks imo okish, case is sharp with some scratches. Hands look to me as original. The dial is a nice two tone with lume plots nicely preserved. The dials horseshoe and font however to my untrained eye look a bit "weird" , the AML horseshoe shape is not imo the typical flat foot vintage type. Or is it just the lighting and shadows playing tricks on my eyes?

As always I am very grateful for any input and opinions on this piece

DaveK and Canuck like this.
  2. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Jul 22, 2019

Looks ok to me - dial fonts are a little unusual but there are many variants. Looks like a jumbo model too.

WatchCor and DaveK like this.
  3. S.H. Jul 22, 2019

My gut tells me it is OK... fwiw. Overall patina looks consistent: movement is shiny so no water damage, that is usually a red flag for redials. Lume color looks nice and old. No corrosion on case either.

WatchCor and DaveK like this.
  4. WatchCor Jul 22, 2019

Thx for the replys. My gut feeling told me it's ok too, wanted to ask your opinions also.