Forums Latest Members
  1. rbird7282 Oct 7, 2023

So I've done a micro-adjust clasp conversion on my 2234.50 and have been really happy with it.
    Recently I did another one for a friend of mine and one of the screws came out, fortunately he noticed the pin walking out before it came completely apart.
    When you install bracelet screws do you use any sort of thread locker or just tighten them securely?
    I thought I had it properly tightened but apparently not.
    (I've never had an issue with mine)

Flyguy likes this.
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 7, 2023

On bracelet screws I use a tiny drop of Loctite 222.

Squeeze a drop of 222 onto a clean surface (I use a glass plate) and then use a fine oiler to apply a much much smaller drop to the screw thread and the threads on the bracelet. Fit the screw and immediately remove it and wipe off any excess fluid with a Kimwipe.
    Then fit the screw and tighten lightly.

kaplan and josiahg52 like this.
  3. josiahg52 Oct 7, 2023

Yep, I use 222 on all my bracelet screws, Omega and others. Never fails, comes apart easily when needed.

bassem abadan likes this.
  4. watchem Oct 15, 2023

I often do not use anything. But I would recommend using a weak thread locker if the watch is used in above normal activities or if it is subjected to vibrations.

5. EuroDriver 1st Seamaster 75th Anniversary Owner Nov 5, 2023

Yes, locktite. What I do is put a very small drop on the tip of a toothpick, stick it into the screw hole and gently rub it into the threads.

kaplan likes this.
  6. Flyguy Dec 26, 2023

Can you tell me the part number for the micro adjustment clasp? I have the same watch coming with the speedy style bracelet, but want to be sure. Thanks!

7. josiahg52 Dec 26, 2023