Forums Latest Members
  1. desertwanderer Jun 1, 2019

Popped into the Omega Boutique in the Dubai Mall yesterday and they are offering some pricing deals if anyone is passing through or lives here.

Offer 1 = 20% off any watch (not LE's)

Offer 2 = Buy two watches and get 50% of the value of the most expensive watch back against the price of the second watch.

One of the staff tried to tempt me with the ceramic Speedie in the pic but im still holding out to see what the Apollo 11 steel looks like in the metal.

IMG_0900.jpg
  2. FlyingSnoopy Jun 2, 2019

Wow! Huge discount, especially for a boutique....
    I wonder if they are authorized to do so or they just want to show big numbers...
    Cheers

3. jpjsavage Jun 2, 2019

Sounds like a good deal (if you want two watches that is!).

4. henrikaa Jun 2, 2019

Sounds like a very good deal indeed... What were they asking for the Apollo 8? A shame about the large size case on that specific watch...

5. desertwanderer Jun 2, 2019

I think that was a Moonphase - Blue side of the moon watch which retailed at AED52k, so USD14k. I find Omega pricing pretty standard across markets when i check, especially as the Dirham is pegged to the US Dollar. Agreed about the case size - 44mm is simply too big for my wrist. Had a beautiful sparkle to the dial that the picture probably doesn't pick up.

There was an LE in the window which looked like an Apollo 17 (if im reading the badge correctly). That was AED76k, so USD20kish.

IMG_0899.jpg
    Baz9614 likes this.
  6. henrikaa Jun 2, 2019

Sorry, I see that now. My eyes are slipping this morning due to lack of caffeine.

Never the less, it is a great offer from the OB!

desertwanderer likes this.
  7. desertwanderer Jun 2, 2019

Im pretty sure they would be authorized to do so. The post Ramadan Eid sales / offers are widespread across the retail sector as shoppers come out in force to celebrate from across the region. Its a good time to be a visiting tourist!

frederico likes this.
  8. asrnj77 Jun 2, 2019

It’s actually from all Rivoli shops since the 25 omega boutiques and ADs in Dubai are all from the same importer. At Rivoli Prestige in Mall of the Emirates they told me that the deal also applies to Zenith, Blancpain, Glashutte, and Omega. So if I bought a full price Blancpain I get a voucher for half the price to use towards another watch whether Blancpain or any other brand. Apparently Mall of the Emirates is also giving a 3% voucher for all items over 3,000AED ($816). Not a bad deal if you had some watches in mind.

Keep in mind that the retail prices are on the higher end to begin with (they always offer a discount when you walk into any Zenith, Omega shop) so instead of 50% off I’d put this one closer to 30% off. The deal ends June 8th but they do it every year so if not now then you can always do it next year

9. Austinite Jun 2, 2019

How much is Apollo 8 going for?

10. desertwanderer Jun 2, 2019

Dark side of the moon Apollo 8 is AED36900, so USD10k depending what currency you think in. Obviously then less whichever deal you take and if you are not a uae resident then take a further 5% vat off.

11. Cenzo Jun 2, 2019

Any chance of buying one online and having them ship to US? Do you physical have to be in the store for the offer?

12. desertwanderer Jun 2, 2019

True, they had a similar deal on at Christmas and for CNY as i recall.

13. desertwanderer Jun 2, 2019

Now that im not sure of, although i would have thought you would be in danger of incurring some kind of US taxation upon import. Im guessing Omega wouldn't want this kind of thing happening blatantly. If you had contacts here or knew someone flying through im sure they could buy for you and ship or bring it back.

Vinsane38 likes this.
  14. lukeap69 Jun 2, 2019

This sale, I believe, is applicable across Dubai for Omega and other Rivoli products as mentioned above. This is a good sale, however, I got my blue Aqua Terra 8500 calibre just last month in Wafi OB for 30% less than retail. :)

15. Famoroso Jun 2, 2019

Who doesn't want two watches?

desertwanderer likes this.
  16. Malekof Jun 2, 2019

A visiting tourist with 110 F i’ll Wait for ramadan in February in ten years.

17. desertwanderer Jun 2, 2019

Not quite that bad yet..... and we do have ac and swimming pools.

18. 64Wing Jun 2, 2019

Hmm...a plane ticket to Dubai costs how much?...lol might make the ticket worth it!

19. Malekof Jun 2, 2019

The plane ticket is very cheap because of the luxury living that they promote :
    Come to Dubai and buy in Dubai (services, goods, etc)

20. Thrasher36 Jun 2, 2019

DAMN I only wish I could get that at South coast plaza

Pyromedic56 likes this.