Forums Latest Members
  1. Flintlock Jun 5, 2019

Ha! I would love to see that stats on the use of that voluntary form. If it's anything like the use tax line on NJ a couple more zeros might be in order. The info on the 1% is appreciated. Edit: While reviewing the form I notice FL isn't happy with a taxpayer who merely remits annually, they want to be paid by the quarter. That is an unreasonable burden on individuals and unrealistic to expect compliance.

Edited Jun 5, 2019
  2. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jun 5, 2019

That’s because the average age in Florida is 72 so they’re never sure you’re going to make it past a quarter....

Flintlock likes this.
  3. rainking Jun 5, 2019

I get it, I just don't understand spending a single dime more than someone has to on items that are available from various outlets. Nothing an OB can do for me is worth the extra cost. I bought both my Speedy Pro and my Speedmaster 57 co-axial brand new with stamped warranty cards from reputable gray dealers. $1750 saved vs MSRP on the Pro, and almost $4000 on the 57. The OBs can keep their food, champagne and events when we're talking these kinds of savings. I guess if the watch you want isn't available that way, then yeah, OB vs AD, maybe I would go with the OB. Probably not, though, if the AD was more than $100 cheaper. That's just me.

4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jun 5, 2019

You are correct.

The main target for this is small, home based businesses that aren't otherwise registered with the state or federal governments.

You know, like guys running watch sales businesses out of their garage. ;)
    gatorcpa

Flintlock and Nobel Prize like this.
  5. steelfish Jun 6, 2019

Ah I know that mall and OB. I think they must be so used to Brits in there that I had that offered also.

Kind of ruined my understanding that only independent OBs can offer a discount, or maybe that just applies to UK OBs

6. Pepe Lucas Jun 6, 2019

As far as I know there are not independent boutiques. All boutiques are under Omega. AD’s might be owned by independent groups or companies.

7. SpeedyD Jun 6, 2019

This is not quite correct. There ARE franchised OB. At least in the UK.

3nicewatches likes this.
  8. 3nicewatches $100 well spent Jun 6, 2019

You are wrong. It’s like saying that all McDonalds restaurants are owned by McDonalds (they are not). I’ve posted this before, but here it is again. Read the first paragraph, then scroll down to the second to last for photo in the article to see the OB in question (which I have been to)
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/anthon...tores-in-new-york-and-las-vegas/#77ad79f47bff

9. krh7 Jun 7, 2019

no discounts in chicago. anyone have a different experience?

10. Meme-Dweller Jun 7, 2019

A good way to tell the difference is if Omega is the only brand of watch the store sells, it's likely a Swatch-owned OB. If there are multiple brands or a really small stand-alone store (eg @ Wynn Las Vegas at that new shopping wing), it's an AD, with the exception of Tourbillion Boutiques.