Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega "Bond" 2551.80 midsize w/B&P + Recent Service

1. kip595 Aug 25, 2020

Hey all;

Not one I thought I'd sell, but after much consideration I feel letting this one go is the right thing right now for me personally. VG-Excellent 2551.80, serviced including pressure test done several months ago and has been running perfectly since. No timeographer but any loss or gain has been under +-4 seconds per day in my observation, YMMV. Service was done by Official Time Watch in Utah in March of this year prior to my ownership.

*NOTE* - I spoke with the service provider today - the hands were replaced with proper Omega replacements when serviced - the warranty from the service is transferable to any new owner for its remaining duration ('til 3/'22).

Minor desk diving marks; likely an easy polish however I leave this to the new owner to decide. A very minor nick has been noticed as of this morning on the crystal, it is most visible in the handheld photo where I was able to get a reflection off it - in normal wear it is not noticeable IMO, however I like to be fully transparent. For a very long the time the mid-size SMP was my absolute favorite watch, but I feel it is time to move on and as such, I hope to find a good home for one of my favorites.

I am asking $1795 shipped w/in U.S. for a straight sale. - For an OF member I will especially do my best to reach a transaction we can both agree upon; I would love for this example to stay w/in the community, as it were.

Trade Value I put around 2k - Primarily interested in Swiss or German, but you never know!

PayPal F&F preferred for payment, G&S can be discussed if desired - I do have refs in the watch community and am happy to provide such, albeit most have been for purchase. As can be seen, fairly active here on OF, though by no means an Omega expert like some of our members - someday! :)

Will consider sales overseas however in such case buyer would assume ALL liability and PP-F&F only will be accepted for payment.

*The S/N info is obscured in the pics below; they are clear and visible IRL. No movement pics as the back has not been off since the gaskets were replaced and it was pressure tested - I am reluctant to remove the caseback for this reason.

Thanks for looking all!

P.S. Silly Edit: For any purists: OK, ok, the 'Bond' model was always the full-size version, I acknowledge. :D

2551.80 - 2.jpeg 2551.80 - 3.jpeg 2551.80 - 4.jpeg 2551.80 - 5.jpeg 2551.80 - 6.jpeg 2551.80 - 7.jpeg 2551.80 - CP.jpeg

Edited Sep 1, 2020
    Zdzislaw, ZIELSZIEK, Lonestar and 3 others like this.
  2. kip595 Aug 27, 2020

We'll-a try-a bump!

Anyone want an example of one of Omega's 'modern classics' feel free to reach out and we'll see what we can do!

Happy Thursday all!

3. kip595 Aug 29, 2020

Let's try a bump for the weekend crowd! :)

4. kip595 Aug 31, 2020

Lonestar and Sidnos like this.
  5. kip595 Sep 1, 2020

Drop in asking price bump - if you are an interested forum member, please reach out and I'll be happy to work with you as much as I can - :)

6. kip595 Sep 2, 2020

uno more bump-o - promised we'd shop for a new stove this weekend, so trying to get this moved quicker than I expected. If you're interested, let's see what we can do!

7. albertob Sep 3, 2020

Hi,

thanks a lot for the reply and the offer! Much appreciated!
    I will check out with a friend who knows more about import duties and come back to you very soon!

wish you a great day!

Alberto

kip595 likes this.
  8. kip595 Sep 3, 2020

Currently still available!