Omega Bezel (Black spots on white markers)

Hi,

I just bought an Omega SMP 300 white. I have noticed you can see some blackspots on the 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 markings. Is this normal? Is anyone else noticed same?

Thanks!

I have noticed you can see some blackspots on the 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 markings.
Did you notice them under a strong loupe? Or can you see them with the naked eye from normal viewing distances? Can you share pictures?

Are you sure it isn’t just dust/dirt that settled into the numerals? Have you tried cleaning them?

Are you sure it isn’t just dust/dirt that settled into the numerals? Have you tried cleaning them?
I am not fully sure. I have been wiping with microfiber towel. Should I use any other technique?

Thanks for the help!

It’s just dirt in the quiet Matt ceramic indented sections. It’ll clean off.

How you clean this? With toothbrush and soapy water or just soapy water? Sorry I am new in the Omega is my first luxury watch so want to be gentle 😀

How you clean this? With toothbrush and soapy water or just soapy water? Sorry I am new in the Omega is my first luxury watch so want to be gentle 😀
Yup, soft bristles and mild soap usually does the trick.

Hose it with a garden hose on full pressure…it’s a divers watch FFS.

Not joking.

Or

Just soak it in a tub with water for 5-10 minutes and use a toothbrush or cotton tip.

Hose it with a garden hose on full pressure…it’s a divers watch FFS.

Not joking.

Or

Just soak it in a tub with water for 5-10 minutes and use a toothbrush or cotton tip.

Thank you very much! I will try!

Soak my divers watch in a container of fresh water for a few hours after every dive in salt water

IMG_3396.jpeg

Soak my divers watch in a container of fresh water for a few hours after every dive in salt water

IMG_3396.jpeg
Thanks! In filtered water free from calcium I suppose?

Thanks! In filtered water free from calcium I suppose?

No just water out of the tap.

it’s a watch, just because it’s expensive doesn’t mean squat…swimming in a chlorine or salt pool every day.. don’t baby a tool watch.

Been in the ocean with salt and sand, a soak in fresh tap water. That simple. Australia we still drink water out of the tap.

If I get lazy it in the fish tank for a hour
IMG_0338.jpeg

No just water out of the tap.

it’s a watch, just because it’s expensive doesn’t mean squat…swimming in a chlorine or salt pool every day.. don’t baby a tool watch.

Been in the ocean with salt and sand, a soak in fresh tap water. That simple. Australia we still drink water out of the tap.

If I get lazy it in the fish tank for a hour
IMG_0338.jpeg

Certina makes some cool divers.

I cleaned and black spots are left

it was not dirt I have cleaned with soap