Omega Aqua Terra vs Rolex Datejust 41

I had an opportunity to check out both watches. I really like both of them very much. I just get a more elegant feeling however when the Rolex is on my wrist over the Omega. The Omega quality is just as good but has a more casual look to it though it still looks great. The different color third hand may have something to do with it..

What is your thoughts on the two watches? I added a black face Aqua as well which looks a little more elegant than the white face Aqua I tried.

I really like the new eggshell white dials on the Oyster Perpetuals and Datejusts. Between these two, if price wasn’t an issue, I’d go with the Datejust (though I think the Oyster Perpetual is nicer yet as it doesn’t have that unsightly cyclops thing stuck on 😉).

I like the Rolex of the three watches pictured.

( Would have to have a non tapering bracelet if I ever bought one.)

Omega’s Globemaster is a more appropriate comparison to the Datejust - and, frankly, it’s a better watch starting with the fact that it’s a METAS certified master chronometer.

Well I don't want another dress watch so I'm leaning towards to Omega right now.

Isn’t the date just considered a sports watch, and if not, trending very close towards sports territory?

On white? datejust for me hands down. (I do have one). I don't lie the white AT.

On blue....I like and have both. The AT has always been one of my favorites but I could not resist the blue DJ as well. That being said the AT has not lost any allure in the process.

I'd put the AT against the Explorer 1 rather than a DJ.

The Rolex Datejust 41 is the closest Rolex to the Aqua Terra as both have a simple design and both have a date on it. I like the Rolex white dial better than the Aqua Terra white dial with the orange hand. Will have to see if I can find a another color for Aqua Terra that will beat out the Rolex which is a personal choice. I don't want black as I already have a black face watch. Blue face may be a good option.

Omega’s Globemaster is a more appropriate comparison to the Datejust - and, frankly, it’s a better watch starting with the fact that it’s a METAS certified master chronometer.
DJ is superlative which is basically the same thing.

DJ is superlative which is basically the same thing.

Not entirely. METAS magnetic resistance is superior.

DJ is more formal, and AT more sporty. I have an OP39 and the white AT and they’re completely distinct from each other, and both are fantastic.

Forced to buy one, I’d go with the Rolex (and OP over DJ). Easy choice for me.

Not entirely. METAS magnetic resistance is superior.
The current Rolex have more then adequate magnetic protection.

The dj41 is a very nice watch but it’s quite big lug to lug which ultimately is why I got rid of mine after a while. I much prefer the OP of those two.

I like the aqua terras a lot but would probably lean towards the OP. I tried a blue one on last week and it was very nice considering it’s an entry level watch for Rolex.