Omega Aqua Terra vs Rolex Datejust 41

The Rolex Datejust 41 is the closest Rolex to the Aqua Terra.

It isn't. The Ex1 is closest to the AT.

The Datejust is closer to the Globemaster.

If I ever buy a modern Rolex, and admittedly I probably won’t, it sure as hell won’t have a cyclops on it. I just can’t stand those things...they are comical to me. So, AT IMO. Full disclosure: 2017 blue dial AT has been in my crosshairs for a while now...trigger finger getting increasingly itchy!

I nearly pressed the button on blue dial white gold bezel, but couldn’t swallow the price. I don’t think the steel bezel works on the DJ either, but that’s me. Although I went Blackbay GMT in the end, you can get a steel bracelet and rubber version of the Aqua Terra for the price. If you can get over the fact it’s not a Rolex, it’s a no brainier.

One of these would be on the top of my list. I like the White dial but didn't like the orange blend on the photo I posted above. The simple white does it for me. I just have to wait until next year.

The Rolex Datejust 41 is the closest Rolex to the Aqua Terra as both have a simple design and both have a date on it. I like the Rolex white dial better than the Aqua Terra white dial with the orange hand. Will have to see if I can find a another color for Aqua Terra that will beat out the Rolex which is a personal choice. I don't want black as I already have a black face watch. Blue face may be a good option.
I've just (4 days ago) bought a DJ41 in steel with smooth bezel & Oyster bracelet. I chose the rhodium dial as, like you, I already have a few black dial / white handset watches. The DJ fills a gap between my 2254 (sports diver / icon ) & my Speedy (chronograph / icon). It's strange that I have had twinges of guilt about not wearing my Moonwatch on the days I wear the DJ - it's almost as if the Speedy is disappointed with me for buying a Rolex...

The Date Just. I too have tried on both, and when I really looked at the Aqua Terra, the paint on the sweep reminded me of model paint I used as a kid. Just threw the whole thing off.

For some people, you feel a loyalty to a certain brand and if they have enough of a selection for you, you prefer supporting that brand. Once you have that brand's watches you like best, you then feel free to move to other brands.

I love the Datejust 41 but there is something in me that wants to continue to support Omega and get the Aqua Terra white face model instead. I have a year to enjoy checking out both before I pull any trigger. Not sure if I like the cyclops eye as much but time will tell. The cute woman at the Omega store also makes it fun.

That choice is hard.
I have owned a AT 8500 and really liked that watch. I would love to try the Rolex for more then 5 sec at an AD to really get the feel for it, but I’m a hard core Omega fane and think the older AT8500 is just amazing! Out of those two I’d prefere the Rolex that don’t have the orange hand..
Edited: