Forums Latest Members

Omega Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Moonwatch Gold and Steel. Any in the wild yet?

1. Stufflers Mom Aug 25, 2019

I hadn't noticed the curve either, but it is there.

P1200250.JPG

2. jpjsavage Aug 26, 2019

It complements the curve in the crystal nicely.

3. FerrisBM Aug 26, 2019

So so happy it's on everyone's! I had that moment last night where i thought ... oh shit..

4. EricCsN Aug 26, 2019

Yes , and I can confirm some of my other brand new omegas have their tips curving down as well.

5. Omega-Q Aug 26, 2019

Still patiently waiting on mine! Congrats to all who have received theirs! Maybe I'll get number 6969/6969? I think that would be pretty cool! Thanks to all for getting this thread back on topic! :)

A J and Aludic like this.
  6. petay993 Aug 26, 2019

Stunning, stunning watch which demands to be worn, discussed and enjoyed.

I have been admiring the caseback today and the attention to detail and finish are rather special. Certainly quite costly to manufacture I would imagine.

Very happy to have lowish LE number 7X/6969.

befobe and A J like this.
  7. FerrisBM Aug 26, 2019

A while back someone asked why are we secretive about what our edition numbers? I cant remember seeing a response.Is there any reason? Mine is a lowish number.

Edited as i meant ltd ed number and not serial!

Edited Aug 26, 2019
  8. MTROIS Aug 26, 2019

I would say that serial number is more sensitive than LE#...

9. FerrisBM Aug 26, 2019

Sorry i meant edition number. Surely it cant be giving away anything sensitive to say i have say "123/1000" or "1234/6969" etc. Just curious as to why people put 12xx/6969 etc

10. Pepe Lucas Aug 26, 2019

The only thing I can think of is that Omega possibly could track the specific number to the buyer and seller in case of flipping it and penalize the seller if this happens a lot with the same seller/buyer.

11. YY77 Aug 26, 2019

Anyone already gone through the included Omega manual? No mention of the 3861/3 caliber as it's dated July '18. I wonder whether it would be reissued when it's updated in the future for watch owners who ask for it. Not asking because I don't understand the workings of the caliber without a correct manual but nice to have matching documents.

12. JPE.88305 Aug 26, 2019

I took a hard pass as I couldn't see wearing it daily, and while I could have turned around and sold it for a profit (particularly considering it was offered to me at 10% discount), I hope the next person on the list is enjoying it or letting someone else enjoy it without having to pay a finders fee. Obviously the person ahead of me passed as well, they likewise could have flipped it.

I'm not opposed to making a profit off selling a watch, but for new releases, particularly LEs, it's mud in the eye of those waiting patiently without AD connections, 1st time buyers, people who want an LE because it holds some meaning to them, etc...

I'm glad to see so many people wearing and enjoying this watch.

13. OmegaYooper Aug 26, 2019

Picked mine up at the OB in Tyson’s Corner, Virginia a couple of weeks back. Love it.

994CFA97-DDB5-4C02-B0BD-3C7ABA17AB10.jpeg
  14. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Aug 26, 2019

From the UP to NoVa? My sister did the opposite.

15. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Aug 26, 2019

Same for me. Not really the same casual wearer as as my Tintin. I passed so someone else could get it at the original price.

rominvicta and Longbow like this.
  16. OmegaYooper Aug 26, 2019

Wish I was back up there brother, tell her to have a pasty for me. Visit her if you get a chance.

17. Newatch321 Aug 27, 2019

Thinking of parting away from my spot. If someone is interested please PM, already paid full amount + tax. Looking to recover all costs if not when I get called I will pass. 95% sure that I am out of the market. Not looking to make profit.
    Location Hawaii

Edited Aug 27, 2019
    rominvicta, stuart70, YY77 and 2 others like this.
  18. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Aug 27, 2019

That is nice of you. I recommend you indicate what country you are in, as that may impact who would potentially purchase.

19. Omega-Q Aug 27, 2019

Still waiting on my phone call from Tyson's. Who is your salesperson? I work with Lara! :)

20. Evitzee Aug 27, 2019

I put down my 100% deposit (plus tax) at the St. Louis Boutique on March 28th while I was visiting from Texas. I didn't bother the boutique manager much in the interim but like everyone else it was edgy seeing other buyers getting the call and I wasn't, but on August 24th I got the message the watch had arrived! They sent it out on Monday and I got it today via overnight FedEx. Packed perfectly with bubble wrap galore, the watch was in the coffin, edition number 96x. These watches don't seem to be released in any sort of order, it's all random. Also in the package was the small little gold tone 50th anniversary lapel pin and a very nice gilt Omega branded Fisher Space Pen. Two hours after delivery the manager called to verify everything was in order. Very impressed with the service from the St. Louis boutique manager, Donna A.

For those that haven't got the call, be patient, it's worth the wait. It's easy to start thinking "I'll never get it" after five months or so of waiting. Omega seems to be working through the distribution in a steady manner.

I did notice one thing that is out of character for a higher end Swiss watch, the outer brown cardboard box had a sticker, "Box made in China". I've had a fair number of high grade watches over many years and the boxes were always stamped "Swiss Made" on the bottom. Having a total Swiss made product was part of the deal. I guess this is a sign of the times as it is obviously cheaper to source boxes from China.

Edited Aug 28, 2019
    Morseman, rominvicta, Omega-Q and 2 others like this.