Forums Latest Members

Omega Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Moonwatch Gold and Steel. Any in the wild yet?

1. Stufflers Mom Aug 2, 2019

Can I ask which OB this was?

2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 2, 2019

Because he flipped the first one for Profit... He admitted it already.

F83 likes this.
  3. Martin_J_N Aug 2, 2019

Happy that people are getting their watches, well done and congratulations :)

Unhappy that I was too late to get on the waiting list :(:(:(:(

Enjoy your watches and wear in good health

hkhobo likes this.
  4. Japanred Aug 2, 2019

After all the stick he gives Taz??????

::confused2::

taz101 likes this.
  5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 2, 2019

6. Japanred Aug 2, 2019

Great read :D. I’ve always said I don’t mind people flipping or selling for a profit. Definitely dislike double standards though which appears to be what’s happened here.

Anyway let’s remain on topic.
    I’ve just called my OB (UK) who said I’m 4th on the list. They are expecting 5 and the first one has arrived. They are expecting roughly 1 every 3-4 weeks and anticipate I’m approx 2 months away.

7. EricCsN Aug 2, 2019

I just went back to see a piece which is on exhibition. No words can truly describe her beauty ; indeed she is beyond stunningly beautiful. She is infinitely far more beautiful in person than my photos can ever be of her

94B52ADC-631D-450B-9140-A426FF22E6A4.png
    Edited Aug 2, 2019
    Japanred and MTROIS like this.
  8. Stufflers Mom Aug 2, 2019

Some people are dealers who look to profit from the OF membership and claim they are not dealers, me I'm not looking to take a penny from anyone on here and I don't pretend that I'm something I'm not.

9. A J Aug 2, 2019

I doubt you're a mother, let alone Stuffler's mother. ;););)

Japanred likes this.
  10. Stufflers Mom Aug 2, 2019

Oh I'm a Mother alright.;)

A J likes this.
  11. hkhobo Aug 2, 2019

Have any of you bought off chrono24 before. Just wondering

12. Stufflers Mom Aug 2, 2019

Yes, I've bought three times from Chrono24, Spain, Holland and Greece, but not in the last 3yrs or so. No problems with any of the transactions, but others may not have had the same experience, especially in Italy where some dealers can be a little economical with the truth.

hkhobo likes this.
  13. YY77 Aug 2, 2019

Just to confirm that the velcro strap is wrongly pictured in all press photo's in the way it is supposed to be worn. The velcro is to be worn on the outside.

Pilot85 and Japanred like this.
  14. Japanred Aug 2, 2019

Not wanting to have a go at you or anyone else but from an impartial point of view it did seem like you came down very hard on Taz and then you’ve gone and done exactly the same thing by flipping your own.

Fair enough make a disapproving comment to him but you were relentless on multiple threads, almost to point of bullying. Then you went and flipped yours..... crackers.

Riadhk, taz101, Dogmann and 1 other person like this.
  15. FinWatch Aug 2, 2019

...with 6969 pieces: can someone actually profit for this model?? Crazy world with all these speculators! Where os the love for watches?

16. Evitzee Aug 2, 2019

Let's turn to Freud and his Projection Theory: According to Sigmund Freud, projection is a psychological defense mechanism whereby one "projects" one's own undesirable thoughts, motivations, desires, and feelings onto someone else. 'Emotions or excitations which the ego tries to ward off are "spit out" and then felt as being outside the ego...perceived in another person'.

I think good old Stufflers Mom projected his own uneasiness with what he was doing onto Taz.

My bill for analysis is in the mail.

17. F83 Aug 2, 2019

I have to admit, waiting this long with such an uncertain delivery schedule when 100% is paid (which I have done) is not sitting all that well with me. I buy a lot of watches, and its one thing if we’re talking AP, PP, Rolex, Lange etc. But I’m sorry I struggle with it for Omega. Probably also I’m frustrated that the OB I put money down with strongly implied it would have arrived by now when they took my money.

Anyway, I haven’t cancelled my reservation yet so I guess I’ll just keep waiting....

srleadjb likes this.
  18. Martin_J_N Aug 2, 2019

Oooooh, where are you based, I haven't been able to order the 50th but I have ordered a watch that is due later this year but was only asked for 20% deposit by my OB, if I had been asked for 100% upfront I wouldn't have ordered just waited until they had one in stock.

Is it usual for an OB to take 100% upfront when there is no confirmed delivery date?

19. srleadjb Aug 2, 2019

I think there are many of us feeling the same way. I haven't cancelled either but I think about it everyday. And seeing that people have got watches already that didn't even have a place in line makes me even more irritated. As many have said, Omega had plenty of time to plan for this event and distribution.

A11general likes this.
  20. srleadjb Aug 2, 2019

In the US, the OB's required 100% upfront. That's why many of us are a bit impatient.