Forums Latest Members

Speedmaster 50th Anni and a slight wobble.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stufflers Mom Jul 30, 2019

I picked up the watch today with the full intention of selling this to an online dealer for a reasonable profit, however seeing it in person has changed my thoughts a little and I had a little wobble earlier today about selling it.

For those on the fence it is a lot nicer than pics can show as others have mentioned.
    I have 24hrs to think it over before the carrier is due to collect it. P1190910.JPG

srleadjb, Bak1962, EricCsN and 2 others like this.
  2. hansmaulwurf Senior Snoopy Owner Jul 30, 2019

keep it!

Speedy2254 and BatDad like this.
  3. Longbow Jul 30, 2019

23 Hrs to review the hell out of it (and post that review on OF), after which you will know for sure if it’s to keep or flip.

If you post a review and still decide to flip at least you can say you have given something back to OF.

4. Evitzee Jul 30, 2019

Decisions, decisions.

But the stickers on the bracelet and case look great!

And if you flip it the eventual new owner gets a sample of your DNA, too.

5. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Jul 30, 2019

I wonder why you didn't think of offering members here the chance to buy it before you flip it to a dealer who will no doubt add their markup.

Davidt, repoman, blufinz52 and 2 others like this.
  6. Stufflers Mom Jul 30, 2019

The simple reason is I've offered a couple of watches for sale here with practically zero response, so I didn't think anything would be any different this time around, plus it sits a lot better with me taking the profit from a dealer than a forum member, but that's just me.

whyboddau and astrand like this.
  7. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Jul 30, 2019

Very noble of you indeed.

8. Bp1000 Jul 30, 2019

If you love a watch you shouldn’t sell it.

It should be a sign that if you had every intention on flipping this but ended up loving it, you should keep it.

9. Bille Jul 30, 2019

This is easy - sell it to me, or keep it - in that order

10. MTROIS Jul 30, 2019

Indeed!!! :rolleyes:

snarkq and taz101 like this.
  11. Evitzee Jul 30, 2019

After the holy hell the first seller caught selling his own property I can see why he wouldn't want to offer it here. No one wants that kind of abuse.

12. MTROIS Jul 30, 2019

This is a completely misleading description of what happened. Not surprised...

LeonDeBayonne, Archer and Martin_J_N like this.
  13. Stufflers Mom Jul 30, 2019

Oh, I remember it well and a lot of the trouble was down to the seller and his antics and not necessarily his asking price.

Martin_J_N likes this.
  14. EricCsN Jul 30, 2019

If you are having seller’s remorse thoughts and thinking there is a way of having it back later then it means there is this emotional connection, that she may actually means something dearer to you... the dreaded feeling of the one that got away is the one you walked away. Look at your collection, where does she rank among them, if you have to get rid of 2 or 3 watches which would they be? Is there a case of cashing in for a tidy profit now vs she is the one that got away vs FOMO vs .....
    Good luck

Edited Jul 30, 2019
    MTROIS likes this.
  15. taz101 Jul 30, 2019

hahah you would remeber it well as it was mainly you and that other troll padders, my 'antics' you moron just because I said it's the most significant piece since the original which I still stand by i'm not the one going round telling everyone to remove their stickers

and as for your noble intentions to turn down several grand in profit hahahahaha YEA RIGHT

let's see how YOU like it now chump

16. taz101 Jul 30, 2019

Indeed it was pretty much disgraceful mate but trolls like weird creepy name 'stufflers mom' and padders won't put me off :) and i'm happily now wearing my new daily with the profits :)

[​IMG]

17. wsfarrell Jul 30, 2019

A headline in today's Wall Street Journal may apply. I've added some editorial comments in [brackets]:

A Natural Disaster Wipes Out Your Home. Then the Buyers [Bottom-Feeders] Come Calling.
    Real-estate speculators [scumbags] are seeing opportunity [exploitation] after natural disasters. One such investor [slimeball] has found a profitable niche in the region hit hardest by Hurricane Michael.

18. GadgetGuy88 Jul 30, 2019

Sell it. Then get another one from a boutique and sell that one, too. Keep the third one. LOL.

Seriously, keep it for a year, enjoy it. and then you can sell it for what you paid. ...Or keep it longer.

19. Evitzee Jul 30, 2019

I'm not sure what your post has to do with someone buying or selling a wristwatch and making a profit. Omega does it every day, about 800,000 times a year, why is it wrong for a buyer to do the same? There was another article in today's WSJ about a jeweler in FL who makes 18k gold holders for JUUL e-cigarettes. For $5,000 dollars you can be the coolest guy or gal in your social circle. And they have sold 15 of them so far. Capitalism brings out all kinds of players, some scumbags and bottom-feeders for sure, but also people like the jeweler who comes up with a silly holder for $5,000. Some would say he is ripping off the buyers, but no one is forcing anyone to buy his product. Just like no one has to sell to real estate speculators or so-called slimeballs after a national disaster. Capitalism is messy, always has been. You can put up all the guardrails or speed bumps you want to try to control the markets, but the best way to control it is to educate people about money and their personal finances, unfortunately we don't do that.

Edited Jul 30, 2019
  20. Stufflers Mom Jul 30, 2019

I think this post illustrates to us all just what an arse you really are.

Martin_J_N likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.