Forums Latest Members

Omega Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Moonwatch Gold and Steel. Any in the wild yet?

1. Evitzee Jul 21, 2019

Seems that after the initial 2 pcs per US boutique (about 75 watches total) it has been very, very quiet. Let's hope they start ramping up deliveries now that the hoopla over this weekend has passed.

srleadjb and gyromiterob like this.
  2. jberb55 Jul 21, 2019

I don’t think every US boutique got two
    Some boutiques may have received one or none
    Some might be manufacturing stories about allocation, or customers’ position on the list, based on who’s asking
    Omega

3. jberb55 Jul 21, 2019

Omega might be filling non-deposit orders first, since they already secured deposit-holder sales

Regardless, I feel like the jacka$$ who paid full fare, standing in the Group 5 line, hoping there’s room for my carryon.

srleadjb and MTROIS like this.
  4. Evitzee Jul 21, 2019

Possibly, but there have been several confirmations from various sources that the initial small allotment was parceled out so every boutique got something. But no way to verify this unless you are deep within the Omega US management.

I was told the list is being filled to the boutiques first by date, by full deposit basis. Too much danger for Omega to get caught flogging these to non-deposit folks while long term customers who have paid in full have to wait. A publicity nightmare and one I don't think Omega would want to do. These days companies value loyalty and a happy customer.

You do have the option to jump out of line and get the fare back, 100%, no penalties.

Edited Jul 21, 2019
  5. jberb55 Jul 21, 2019

I was told customers in UK couldn’t place a 100% deposit, and they’re getting watches prior to US customers that paid full deposits in March. This delivery schedule looks similar to Apollo 8 deliveries, where ADs were selling 8s from display cases to walk-in customers prior to boutiques delivering deposit-reserved watches.

In my case, I either placed a full deposit with an underperforming (?) boutique who doesn’t get early/first deliveries of limited watches, or, I’m not as high on this particular boutique’s client list as I’ve been led to believe

6. Evitzee Jul 21, 2019

I hear you, customers who just asked to get on a list in the UK with no deposit have their watches while few in the US who paid 100% down have heard anything. Omega distributes their watches to the country distributors and they take it from there. Omega US went with the full deposit regime for most reservations but they are at the mercy of Omega Corp. to deliver the watches to the US so they can be distributed. That's just the way it was set up. As long as the process doesn't stretch out too long I don't think it makes much difference. US buyers have two choices, 1. Wait, or 2. cancel and get your money back I'm waiting.

7. petay993 Jul 21, 2019

I am a UK customer and had to pay 20% to secure a slot about 1 month ago balance payable on delivery.

OB has no information on delivery timing

8. gyromiterob Jul 21, 2019

Except for the loss of interest (or perhaps finance charges for some) on $10k since March. Hrmph.

9. kokota Jul 21, 2019

I called the OB in BP, NYC on Friday and was told they received their first on that day. They also told me they expect several more 2nd week of August.

gyromiterob likes this.
  10. Evitzee Jul 21, 2019

What interest? Maybe 1% at a bank. Or maybe you would have invested it in Boeing (BA) and lost a bit. You win some, you lose some.

11. gyromiterob Jul 21, 2019

Sounds personal.

12. Evitzee Jul 21, 2019

No, but nothing is assured today in the market. You can invest in CD's and make about 2.0%, or invest in the market and maybe gain or lose. Bottom line, I wouldn't be too concerned about the lost interest. It's not that big a deal.

13. watchme First Owner - Omega Darkside Jul 21, 2019

I received mine in Hamburg, Germany on 17.07. Just in time.

Mr Gadget likes this.
  14. gyromiterob Jul 21, 2019

You're right, not much in the scheme of things - I'm just extra sensitive because of some deceptive shenanigans at my local OB. Hopefully other forum members will not experience it.

srleadjb likes this.
  15. Norviking Jul 22, 2019

Hello MikołajN
    I will be pleased to buy this for the retail price.
    I sent you a pm with my details.
    Im located in Gdansk but i can show up anywhere in Poland in very short notice.
    Waiting for contact
    Norviking

hkhobo likes this.
  16. Skyrider01 Jul 22, 2019

I am #1 on the list and have had my deposit in since March at my local Tourbillon Boutique.
    While it is not an OB, Tourbillon is owned by the Swatch group which owns Omega as well. So I was hoping it would have arrived fairly early, but no word yet. I’ll just have to wait.

17. angschte Jul 22, 2019

Hi everyone,

Adding to the list - could pick up mine on July 20th, what a perfect date. OB was happy to see that plenty of friends are waiting to welcome the newcomer ;).

The watch: I think it is a great piece! In the beginning I was critical when seeing the photos, especially about the sub-dial. In real-life: what a watch! And the bracelet itself is a small masterpiece, hope they will roll this out to the regular 3861 Speedies.

Have a great day!

foto_no_exif-4.jpg
  18. hkhobo Jul 22, 2019

Is that your collection! It's awesome!

19. MTROIS Jul 22, 2019

Congrats!!

I don't want to hijack this thread, and hopefully it is not common knowledge, but how did you retrofit the Omega "luggage" box with all these compartments ??

20. angschte Jul 22, 2019

Yes it is, luckily. It all started with the Blue Gemini IV LE - then somehow it got a bit out of control. ::facepalm2::
    All of them are full sets and in mint condition, despite wearing them regularly (but with care).

Here you can find some info about it: Link (with black insert from Mister Chrono). The original idea however is from fellow user hansmaulwurf :thumbsup: (can't find the thread however, think it was on another forum).

foto_no_exif.jpg
    YY77, CJpickup57, jzra and 4 others like this.