Forums Latest Members

Omega Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Moonwatch Gold and Steel. Any in the wild yet?

1. rominvicta Jul 1, 2019

Most likely you are spot on. Having seen what WIS say and knowing what has happened in case of Speedy 60th, most likely after delivery starts in a time span of 6 months to an year secondary market price will settle around retail price.
    And do not ask for crystal ball reasons, and do not laugh at that. Laugh at WIS people that have quite mixed feelings and large issue number decided upon by Omega, Welse may one then expect. Come on, everything aside, Buzz climbing down is not the best hunch Omega might have come up with!

2. stevec14 Jul 1, 2019

at a guess.

Less that 7k to buy.
    More than 10k to sell.

But that’s watchfinder. They still have 2 ultraman for 7.25 k when the going rate elsewhere is approx 6 and a bit.

3. Evitzee Jul 1, 2019

People have been getting their knickers in a twist since the price was first announced. Some just think it is unconscionable for Omega to set the price at $9,650. The reality of the situation is The Swatch Group is in business to make money for their shareholders, if the market says they can sell 6969 of these at $9,650 Omega would not be doing their fiduciary duty to sell for less. They are NOT in business to make collectors feel good as their first mission, the first mission is to make money for the owner's of the company. This seems to be too jarring for many fans.

If the owner of this watch wants 10,000 pounds for it that's his business, maybe it'll sell to someone who just has to have the latest thing, many people are like that. If it doesn't sell it doesn't sell, no harm to any of us either way.

4. Redadmiral2 Jul 1, 2019

I’ve been allocated one and have contacted Watchfinder and they offered me £400.00 above retail.
    I’ve no intention of selling this watch when I get it but I was interested to know what they’d offer.
    I’ve actually sold 3 watches to b able to afford this new 50 year le

Speedys & Crypto likes this.
  5. Stufflers Mom Jul 1, 2019

I agree, but time will tell if this goes on to do well and increase in value or not, my guess is it will.

6. jpjsavage Jul 1, 2019

And I hear that NASA want to put a woman on the moon in 2024. Who knows what limited edition watch that will result in Omega producing?

7. Stufflers Mom Jul 1, 2019

I'm glad you will get the watch, but we need to wait a bit longer before we see what the market does for this watch and how WF adjusts it's offers.

8. Redadmiral2 Jul 1, 2019

It would probably have a make up mirror on the back of the watch

nzshadow and jpjsavage like this.
  9. stevec14 Jul 1, 2019

Love to see the email????

10. Stufflers Mom Jul 1, 2019

If they don't intend to bring her back I might fill in the NASA application for the wife.:)

JohnnyRocket and jpjsavage like this.
  11. jpjsavage Jul 1, 2019

I reckon Mrs Savage would be up for that position too.

JohnnyRocket likes this.
  12. stevec14 Jul 1, 2019

E-mair or text? Care to share?

I’ve been very close to watch finder for some time so will ask tomorrow, but hey, that’s good news for those of us (including me) who are buying this thing.

13. Martin_J_N Jul 1, 2019

Very nice, congratulations

14. gyromiterob Jul 1, 2019

Local boutique manager here in the U.S. said shipments to area warehouses would begin in early July and then make their way to the boutiques. Expecting another week or two here. Anyone else in the U.S. receive any updates?

15. Stufflers Mom Jul 1, 2019

Can you take some more photos, perhaps a wrist shot in natural light now that you have the watch home?

srleadjb likes this.
  16. Evitzee Jul 1, 2019

I've sent a message to my sales agent at the Boutique today asking for any update on US deliveries since they have started to trickle out in Europe. Haven't heard anything back yet and haven't heard any being distributed in the US yet. But it does look like Omega will get them all out over the next four months or so, certainly by the end of the year.

gyromiterob likes this.
  17. Texasjohn Jul 1, 2019

Can we please keep this thread from becoming a watch investor thread and enjoy peoples new pickups please.

18. Stufflers Mom Jul 1, 2019

Very unlikely.

LeonDeBayonne likes this.
  19. gyromiterob Jul 1, 2019

Congrats on the new watch! I love the phrase "wear it in good health" which often accompanies new purchases - it's such a nice sentiment. I second that.

A question. Months ago I was in an OB just browsing and the associate helping me noticed the Seamaster I was wearing at the time. In an attempt to get me to buy a watch I was trying on, she said "...and if you buy your watch from a Boutique, we offer a complimentary service on your older Omega which is a value of $600-$700." Anyone experience this? Could I expect to get a free service on an older Omega when I receive my 50th anniversary? (I know it's really a question for my Boutique, but was curious if anyone knew about this.) Thanks!

20. Evitzee Jul 1, 2019

Boutiques can do these sorts of things (free service, extra strap and deployant buckle, etc) in lieu of a discount. If you take them up on this offer make sure you get it in writing.

gyromiterob likes this.