Forums Latest Members

Omega Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Moonwatch Gold and Steel. Any in the wild yet?

1. Evitzee Jul 11, 2019

That's very interesting, as the supply was not reserved for any boutique or AD, it was controlled by Omega USA, so it depended on timing. The USA supply of the watches (< 1,000) was run down as deposits (mostly 100%) were put down. Perhaps they are residual watches left over by someone cancelling and the boutique was able to hold on to the watch before it returned to available stock in the Omega system. Was your experience recent?

2. Martin_J_N Jul 11, 2019

Wow, that's impressive, I understood all watches had been accounted for.

3. EricCsN Jul 11, 2019

Couple of them have now been bought at about 40% premium over the price. If there are any left, you can count yourself very lucky and should consider also buying lottery. Good luck.

Edited Jul 11, 2019
  4. OmegaNewbie317 Jul 11, 2019

I should have been more clear regarding timeframe. I sent the emails on 6/7 and I did put down a full deposit. I heard back as late as 6/12 that a watch was available.

The point I was trying to make was (1) contacting boutiques about availability is not an outlandish suggestion from Omega and (2) boutiques are willing to sell this watch to new customers.

5. Evitzee Jul 11, 2019

Omega was massaging market allocations based on interest for quite awhile. It's possible some additional watches were earmarked for your market and your query was at the right time to snag a watch. Good luck on your part. But I seriously doubt anyone would have any luck today getting a watch by cold contacting a boutique or dealer. But you never know.

I don't think Omega's policy was to restrict this watch in any way as far as sales were concerned, if you had the money you got a watch, until they were all reserved.

Edited Jul 11, 2019
  6. speedy99 Jul 11, 2019

pics please — since i can’t get my hands on one!

7. EricCsN Jul 11, 2019

Those who have placed deposits (but not full commitment by AD to deliver) and yet to get yours should keep your fingers crossed. Because the AD have VIP clients, relatives and friends. They may jump into the queue late, and by strong arming the AD to take over your allotment. Those AD who did not made a commitment to you may then say so sorry and return your deposit.

8. Redadmiral2 Jul 11, 2019

Things seem to be hotting up now as I’ve been contacted by a few members about selling my watch to them.
    And apparently it’s going in a lot of publications like GQ magazine shortly so interest will widen to an even bigger audience.
    I know it’s all ready featuring in their magazine but the next issue is supposedly advertising it.
    Might be a bit late if the watches are already allocated.

Edited Jul 11, 2019
  9. Roy_Sg Jul 12, 2019

Just rang the OB where my deposit is at to check status. They informed that delivery is still slow at the moment and they've only received one so far. However, factory has released all pieces and once logistics for delivery is sorted should arrive very soon.

10. Redadmiral2 Jul 12, 2019

What part of the world are you in

11. LeonDeBayonne Jul 12, 2019

What about changing the name of this thread into: « assessing real demand for 50th anniversary speed » or « I own a speed 50th anniversary: how much I made » and moving it into the « wishful thinking / BS section » with a dedicated membership feature?

12. petay993 Jul 12, 2019

I would just like my watch, I don't understand why my OB got a solitary one a week ago and nothing at all since, strange!!

Unfortunately price speculation and investment potential discussion is an integral part of watch forum discussion these days for expensive pieces, have you checked in at the Rolex Forum recently, nightmare.

A J likes this.
  13. Stufflers Mom Jul 12, 2019

I must say your marketing strategy was first class and backed up with more photos than you could shake a stick at. GLWTS.

stevec14 likes this.
  14. Redadmiral2 Jul 12, 2019

I find it hard to believe that they have had only one so far.
    They may be holding them back for the big day possibly maybe

15. Redadmiral2 Jul 12, 2019

No marketing strategy here I’m not selling mine.

16. Stufflers Mom Jul 12, 2019

Ok, but you will forgive me for thinking it was, as it's not the first or indeed the last time that stunts have been performed in this manor to stealth sell a hot watch.

17. petay993 Jul 12, 2019

No I popped in yesterday to have a look at the Beaverbrooks sale stuff and had a chat with Ian who I know well and trust and he said nothing received since yours.

I watched the Apollo missions documentary last night in awe and it has got me really in the mood for this now!

18. Redadmiral2 Jul 12, 2019

After watching the program I can’t believe they actually got to the moon never mind getting back as well.

19. stevec14 Jul 12, 2019

I spoke to the fraser hart guys where I live (I am first) and mine will definitely not be here until August/sept so a phased and slower delivery looks likely.

20. Redadmiral2 Jul 12, 2019

It is bizarre that only one has been delivered so far and a shame that they won’t be delivered before the anniversary date.
    Mine is numbered in the 500s so I would of thought there might have been more news about others receiving theirs.