Forums Latest Members

Omega Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Moonwatch Gold and Steel. Any in the wild yet?

1. jpjsavage Jul 10, 2019

I've tried to educate my five children about these things (with varying degrees of success). I think it is important that they understand the significance of key achievements like the NASA space programme and how they have shaped our lives since. I've found young people to generally be really interested and engaged with these things when they are presented in the right way.

Omega-Q, incabloc and americanaut like this.
  2. americanaut Jul 10, 2019

The Apollo missions happened way before I was born, but I grew up admiring the Space Shuttle missions. That's what was on the news back then. Took me quite a while to understand what's happened a few decades earlier, and the importance as well as the greatness of it. But ever since I did, I'm hooked. Been reading into the Mercury, Gemini and Apollo missions, got quite a few interesting books and naturally, liking watches, a Speedmaster Professional is now mandatory for me ;)

3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 10, 2019

Nearly 70 posts in this thread in less than two weeks ( when you joined ) and after two watches :whistling:

4. Newatch321 Jul 10, 2019

I paid in full for an allocation. If I don't like the fit once I see it I am more than happy to give a forum member the opportunity to buy the piece for the same price I paid, even if I loose money due to opportunity costs.

5. Redadmiral2 Jul 10, 2019

I’ve not said I’m after 2 watches I just asked the question on a scenario that might play out.
    If I’m contacted by them I would offer it to a forum member or tell omega I don’t want it
    Read between the lines is your lesson for the day

6. LeonDeBayonne Jul 10, 2019

We'll see when the Ipad generation matures... From what I see they are very tech-driven. I doubt they will be much impressed by a revival of the 321. :)

stevec14, Martin_J_N and EricCsN like this.
  7. Martin_J_N Jul 10, 2019

I mentioned 321 to my wife and she thought the TV show was being relaunched :(

8. EricCsN Jul 10, 2019

The 321 was also used by the big 3- patek philippe, audemars piguet, vacheron constantin.. we may well see a different group of players & collectors coming in. When it is worth more than what you pay for at AD , OB , everyone will want to be in

Edited Jul 10, 2019
  9. LeonDeBayonne Jul 10, 2019

Maybe, but that's also assuming that the whole frenzy speculation around watches and other collectibles last many more years... which I doubt.

10. EricCsN Jul 10, 2019

Don’t underestimate the (still) rapidly growing number of people reaching middle class status in China (and rest of Asia) thirsty for luxury consumption and ‘investment’. And when it is becoming a norm for societies to give watches to couples on their marriage (so that they can spend their time together forever ) , where business deals have to involve expensive gifts (and the more expensive it is, the more sincere the other party is)..., ..

Edited Jul 10, 2019
    jpjsavage and LeonDeBayonne like this.
  11. MTROIS Jul 10, 2019

Haven’t.... yet. But I am looking! ;)

12. Evitzee Jul 10, 2019

Never assume that since the younger generations are completely plugged into technology that they won't want conventional luxury items as they grow older and become more financially sound. We are already seeing this in housing in the US, many millennials and others are leaving their cramped condos in the cities for suburbia with bigger homes and a lawn and garden, more room for the kiddies they are now having. Aspirational items like a good mechanical watch will still show up in these people's lives.

jpjsavage likes this.
  13. Bp1000 Jul 10, 2019

Mechanical wrist watches won't die in ours or future lifetimes. Just like art won't die. Any expression of creation and technical skill will always live on.

Providing education and encouragement remains active. And considering Swiss precious metals, gems and watche exports are over 100 billion and nearly 40% of swiss exports i don't think they will want to switch tactics.

On the other side, the demand for luxury items is only increasing, when we look outside the western bubble, the demand is skyrocketing.

Martin_J_N likes this.
  14. Redadmiral2 Jul 10, 2019

Just watched 8 days to the moon
    Mind blowing

Martin_J_N likes this.
  15. Martin_J_N Jul 10, 2019

Me too, brilliant program

16. Bp1000 Jul 10, 2019

Thankfully for forgetful people like me we i have iplayer

Redadmiral2 likes this.
  17. Ian_km Jul 10, 2019

Just finished, well worth a watch, amazing challenge and great footage.

18. jpjsavage Jul 11, 2019

Loved it! Highly recommended.

19. MrJKLFoams Jul 11, 2019

Are those little astronauts pin included in the package? Thanks

20. padders Oooo subtitles! Jul 11, 2019

No they were dealer freebies, the pens are pretty cool too!

MrJKLFoams likes this.