Forums Latest Members
  1. Mr. Brown Jul 22, 2022

Changed the battery recently and while the analog face worked but the digital display didn’t light up. any ideas on what it might be and any suggestions for repairs?

2. Engee Jul 22, 2022

3. Sarah G Aug 30, 2022

My husband owns his late father's and I'm.lookinh to try and get it repaired - would you mmow of anywhere that would repair the I side but leave the original outer parts?

Or would a repair be something that may be able to be done by me - quite practical but never done anything re watches before

4. Engee Aug 30, 2022

It's hard to say if you could repair it without knowledge of your skill as a watchmaker or the extent of the problems, but, with respect, if you are asking the question then my guess is you should send it away to be repaired.

5. Sarah G Aug 30, 2022

Q
    I understand

We have tried numerous places but they have said no or that it would need a total overall.with new casing and strap.due to scratches. This doesn't need to be done as it's sentimental- any possible names of repair places would be greatly appreciated

6. Engee Aug 30, 2022

I don't I'm afraid - I don't collect quartz watches but would have thought that the vast majority of independent watchmakers would either be able to do this, or could direct you to someone who can. Don't go to a high street jeweller. They will probably send it away and charge you a big chunk of the cost for doing so without actually adding any value.

I would start a separate thread stating where you are and asking for recommendations for someone who can service an Omega Albatross. There's no reason for them to overhaul the case unless the integrity of watch has been compromised by damage.

7. SkunkPrince Aug 30, 2022

Nesbit's in Seattle might do it.

You'll want to call them.

https://www.nesbitswatchservice.com/

janice&fred likes this.
  8. repoman Aug 31, 2022

Adam Lewis, at Lewis Watch Co. routinely services these Albatross watches and does amazing work, I would contact him.

photo500 likes this.