Forums Latest Members

Omega Ads & Catalog Sheets for T17 & 20F Caliber Watches

1. dall-houston Sep 30, 2017

I found the following Omega information on T17 & 20F caliber watches while searching for a specific watch: Omega French Actual Catalog Page Date Unknown with Caliber T17 Movements.jpg Omega French Catalog Ad Date Unknown with Caliber T17 Movements - 1.jpg Omega French Catalog Ad Date Unknown with Caliber T17 Movements - 2.jpg Omega French Catalog Ad Date Unknown with Caliber T17 Movements - 3.jpg Omega French Catalog Ad Dated 1935 with Caliber T17 Movements.jpg The Caliber T17 Explained.jpg Omega French Catalog Ad Date Unknown with Caliber 20F Movements - 1.jpg Omega French Catalog Ad Date Unknown with Caliber 20F Movements - 2.jpg Omega French Catalog Ad Date Unknown with Caliber 20F Movements - 3.jpg

2. OMTOM Sep 30, 2017

Thank you again Dall.

Some of these may have been posted in the past by Tire-comedon (Yann), who is one of the most knowledgeable and generous contributors here (as you have already seen). So thanks also to Yann if any of these were originally his posts (I think I recognise some!).

Dall, you have been researching hard!
    Tom

3. dall-houston Sep 30, 2017

Way too many hours.

UncleBuck likes this.
  4. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Sep 30, 2017

Quadrophenic-Schizophrenia

(a marker I use to make searches easier for threads I wish to save)

aap and dall-houston like this.
  5. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Sep 30, 2017

All except the T17 / Charles Perregaux scan are ones I posted some time ago on FAM, a French forum. Funny to see how internet stores everything!

6. dall-houston Sep 30, 2017

Yann,

That is hilarious because FAM is where I found them! I had a little trouble with the language because I haven't used what little French I learned in 2 years of high school in 30+ years!

Dall

Tire-comedon likes this.
  7. YYTIN Feb 18, 2023

Hi there,

Funny part of the afternoon : I went to the local omega AD here as they finally received the end links 524 (new version) that I ordered to fit my 1069 bracelet to my 146.017... they did not achieve to fit it themselves so they require assistance to their local watchmaker... well I moved on trusting them my watch...

Just a few minutes after I went with my wife to collect my daughter bracelet back from a local jeweler (he must be over 80s, still sharp and a very nice fellow, having his old office/workshop on the 2nd floor of a building in the town center). At some point, I mentioned to him my previous story asking if he could help fitting some end links. He had a very sensible answer mentioning he needed to look exactly at what we were talking about. Makes sense, kind of reassuring me. Then we discussed about the watch in general and he told me he had a few...

I looked at them and among them there was what I think is an Omega T17 in 18K Gold. He also had a GF Certina DS but with the dial a little bit oxidized... So I focused on what I think is a T17.

The omega dial is ghosted : I could read omega but he himself did not really notice this was written on it before I mentioned it (I am not a poker player as you can see). Globally the watch looks good : the dial is nice even if the omega writing is fading, and winding it a bit it started right away. Well, I made him open the caseback and took this picture :
    IMG_5473.JPG
    If this is the omega serial number, then it leads to 1939.
    I did not have the good reflexes to take a picture of the rest of it. The dust cover was screwed on the movement so we left it on that and he is going to come back to me with a price as I asked him how much he wanted for that one.

It is a really nice case - quite small (I believe the 21x29 cm size I found on internet is what it is) and for what I have seen it look exactly as this one but in gold (I directly looked into OF when I came back home :)) : nice case, nice dial, original hands.

Capture d’écran 2023-02-18 à 17.04.41.png

Do you have any recommendation on what to check next ?
    I have no knowledge on the T17 movement (except I have seen that they are 15 jewels and that a 17 jewels rarer version exists), its fixation in the case, etc.
    I will ask him to take a few picture of the movement to make sure everything is fine.

Of course all this will depends on the requested price also. I've checked rapidly on google and have seen prices between 500 to 1300 euros for stainless ones. I have no idea what he will request.

Just wanted to share and get some insights/advices before my next moves - as you can see I am pretty excited as per now my passion has been limited to the 'digital' world.

Have a good weekend !

Edited Feb 18, 2023
    RevZMan123 likes this.
  8. JoLo Oct 21, 2023

When did they introduce the T17 17 jewel movement?

9. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 21, 2023

Screenshot 2023-10-22 at 11.28.02.png

UncleBuck likes this.