Omega 6B/159: Vintage Omega Identification Discussion

Posts
10,747
Likes
16,733
I have one of these, great watches. Your pics of the book are a little out of context, what is the publication? Is it by the MWO guys? Only fair to give credit! Here is a pic of mine that @Mitka our contributing top draw UK based watchmaker took when fettling mine.

 
Posts
361
Likes
560
I have one of these, great watches. Your pics of the book are a little out of context, what is the publication? Is it by the MWO guys? Only fair to give credit! Here is a pic of mine that @Mitka our contributing top draw UK based watchmaker took when fettling mine.

Later duralumin model you have there very nice, the books I share are mine Zaf Basha and Konrad knirim
 
Posts
781
Likes
1,340
I have what I believe to be one of the original, 6 compartment, Omega supply boxes for the ref 2292 6B/159, won't ever fill it with watches but it's a nice bit of period design.

View attachment 3404511
 
Posts
361
Likes
560
I have what I believe to be one of the original, 6 compartment, Omega supply boxes for the ref 2292 6B/159, won't ever fill it with watches but it's a nice bit of period design.

View attachment 3404511
That is fantastic mate what a nice thing to see, that stuff is like gold dust I’ve never seen it, I have heard of a steel version selling in the box but never see it.

Have you got any other information old photos of the steel 6b ?
 
Posts
361
Likes
560
Hi Joe, the box was discussed a little over on MWR, quite informative. https://www.mwrforum.net/forums/sho...3-6-watch-head-supply-box&highlight=omega+box
And, as you might expect, Roddy has had a couple of boxes the same but he sold them on along with fabulous examples of the watches, also through the PX on MWR.
hi mate as soon as you showed me yours I went straight to mwr and see yours and roddys, he told me he sold one with the 6b, you can guess where I got my steel 6b from lol he’s a top bloke
 
Posts
645
Likes
929
Reviving this thread:

This 6b/159 dial looks weird to me, redial?

I cannot find a dial with that “4” numeral in Knirim’s book.
The rest, movement and caseback looks good.

Thank you!
 
Posts
10,747
Likes
16,733
Where is Swiss Made? Looks like a redial to me
 
Posts
804
Likes
1,473
redial?
Wasn't it relatively common for the MOD watchmakers to redial those watches? I'm pretty sure my HS↑8 is a redial. It's also lacking Swiss Made.

 
Posts
645
Likes
929
Well the dial im looking at has the same dial calligraphy as the Jaeger Lecoultre 6b:


Im guessing Im asking if anybody knows if this is a known MOD redial variant
 
Posts
106
Likes
338
Maybe a coincidence but I have a Reconvilier ATP watch that has what is likely a MOD redial with the same number style

 
Posts
645
Likes
929
Maybe a coincidence but I have a Reconvilier ATP watch that has what is likely a MOD redial with the same number style

Thank you!
It seems likely that this is a rarer MOD redial pattern.

Plus if JLCs came with it, I think it can be assumed that it fits MOD requirements.