Omega 561 Automatic module problem

Hi Folks. Omega 561 help required.
I have a problem. I have just serviced a 1960 Omega 561 movement and it’s running great with accuracy within 6 to 8 seconds a day great amplitude etc.However as soon as I attach the Automatic Module the performance goes down and on the timegrapher + or - seconds don’t even register on the Timegrapher. The Automatic works have been stripped down and reassembled and run freely with no problems and lubricated properly but as soon as I attach it to the movement the performance is reduced. Any ideas what’s wrong would be appreciated is it possible the module is touching the tension spring on the seconds pinion or something else I have missed.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Keith.

The automatic shouldn’t be touching the friction spring.

Have you made sure that the automatic is meshing properly before you screw it down?

One thing you might want to check is if the auto bridge is bent.

Hi Folks. Omega 561 help required.
I have a problem. I have just serviced a 1960 Omega 561 movement and it’s running great with accuracy within 6 to 8 seconds a day great amplitude etc.However as soon as I attach the Automatic Module the performance goes down and on the timegrapher + or - seconds don’t even register on the Timegrapher. The Automatic works have been stripped down and reassembled and run freely with no problems and lubricated properly but as soon as I attach it to the movement the performance is reduced. Any ideas what’s wrong would be appreciated is it possible the module is touching the tension spring on the seconds pinion or something else I have missed.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Keith.

If the hairspring is non-concentric, it happens, touches the auto module and speeds up

I had a specific auto module that had the problem in itself though, I couldn't see it, yet trying it on different watches it somehow touched the hairspring assumably, I discarded the part and moved on

By the way there is a Watchmaking sub forum for these discussions, it's where I learned about this specific issue as well