Omega 505 calibre constalettion

Posts
907
Likes
3,818
It is real, but it has seen better days. The dial has been repainted, the case and the movement are both in rough shape. The snap-on case back is supposed to have a gasket in it. I also don't think that's the original crown. Experts can correct me if I'm wrong.

How much did you pay for it?
 
Posts
2,298
Likes
3,155
Omega 2864 is not a Constellation reference so not real IMO

This is a complete mess, a frankenwatch!

Can you return it?
 
Posts
2,298
Likes
3,155
Catawiki, sold for 440€

Neither "1970-1979" nor "with little to no signs of use"

 
Posts
3
Likes
3
It is real, but it has seen better days. The dial has been repainted, the case and the movement are both in rough shape. The snap-on case back is supposed to have a gasket in it. I also don't think that's the original crown. Experts can correct me if I'm wrong.

How much did you pay for it?
Nearly 800 usd pay :/
 
Posts
907
Likes
3,818
Omega 2864 is not a Constellation reference so not real IMO

This is a complete mess, a frankenwatch!

Can you return it?
Thanks for pointing out the biggest issue that I completely missed.
 
Posts
18,746
Likes
38,897
In addition to all the above, so much wrong with this one. 2864 should have a 501, not a 505.
 
Posts
1,885
Likes
3,816
The 11 o'clock marker comes from a different watch, and you can see the effect on the dial's finish in the adjacent area. Sorry.
 
Posts
24,800
Likes
55,082
Frauds and fakes and snake-oil salesmen have been around from time immemorial, but I really thought that the generation growing up with Nigerian princes on the internet, ubiquitous phishing, and misinformation at every turn would be less gullible.
 
Posts
13,628
Likes
18,979
This is a franken-watch, put together from original Omega parts that did not ever go together at the factory.

As pointed out above, the dial was poorly repainted and you can see the marks where the improper dial index was replaced.

Looks like a Mumbai Special to me.
gatorcpa
 
Posts
3
Likes
3
I returned it.The seller says it is completely original but accepted the return