Forums Latest Members
  1. r77s2000 Apr 21, 2013

All,

I have a brand new (bought mid March from an AD) 3220.80 with the Omega 3606 in it. I have noticed that one or two Sundays this month, my watch will lose several hours of time. The date changes over okay. The only thing I can attribute this to is that since I normally don't wear the watch over the weekend the spring is almost wound down and there isn't enough energy left to keep the time up while it is going through the complex date change that movement has. Interestingly enough I have an older 3520.50 with the 1151 that was recently overhauled, but does not seem to have this problem. Do you think this is something that is worth sending the watch up to Secaucus to look at or do you think the watch needs to break in some more? I was wondering if this was a quirk of the Valjoux 7751.Thanks!

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 21, 2013

If we are assuming that it's fully wound when you take it off on Friday evening, then I would say something is wrong. The 3606 is based on the ETA 7750, as is the Cal. 1151. In fact, the dial side parts of the Cal. 3606 are mostly the same parts used in the 1150 and 1151, so the way the date changes should be the same between the two versions you have.

Even though Omega and others state the power reserve of these watches at 44 hours, if it ran less than 48 I would be thinking something is wrong, and I have seen them run as long as 53 or 55 hours just after I have serviced them - chronograph off of course.

Keep in mind that even though the watch is "new" you have no idea how long it has been sitting in a warehouse or in a store window somewhere, so it's possible it needs servicing. If you don't send it in now, do it before the warranty is up.

Cheers, Al

3. r77s2000 Apr 21, 2013

Thanks Al! I am going to heed your advice and run it up now, Id rather have it fixed sooner rather than later!